GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Ive recently had to wipe my hackintosh. Previously I successfully dual booted Windows 8.1 and Mavericks with UEFI on a single GPT SSD.

Now I can't configure Clover

It gets stuck at root device uuid is ......... and goes no further

Spec:
GPU: intel i7 2600k
MoBo: Asus p8z77-v lx2
Ram: 8GB Crucial
SSD: Samsung

For the life of me i cant remember what to do with clover. I've copied over the fakeSMC.kext to EFI/kexts/10.9 but it has not helped.

Any help appreciated!

And you created your installer how?

I followed the procedure I did last time. Installed clover onto a USB drive then mounted the efi partition and copied the files over. Clover boots from UEFI and will start windows but it does not start mavericks.

Bump.

So I've tried re-installing OS X and now I can't even get clover to boot anymore.

As before I installed clover to a USB drive, reformatted the EFI partition, mounted it and copied the USB drive's files over to it. My UEFI BIOS shows UEFI OS but when I try to boot it it says something like "insert installation media".

Additionally windows boot manager has disappeared as a boot option. However the BIOS does show the drive as a non-uefi boot option, yet somehow it boots to chameleon even though I never installed it.

So now I can't boot to windows at all. I am able to boot to mavericks using my UniBeast USB drive, but this just won't do as I can't get to windows.

Any help to get clover functioning even from a USB drive would be helpful!

Hi mate,

I've been the following the first guide in your post and I have clover and Mavericks installer on the USB. When I select to boot the Mavericks installer the verbose text starts running through as normal, then the system stops sending video signals and the monitor shows "no signal" as it would of the System was turned off or the cable was unplugged.
At this time the USB device's light stays solid as it does when it's functioning but not being accessed, as opposed to rapidly pulsing when it's trying to boot something.

I've tried both the minimal config.plist and the nVidia config.plist attached in the topic and I have tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No

It's the same thing every time.

Edit - If I try to boot to Mavericks from clover on the USB, it shows error:
Code:
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0
and then it restarts

I can still boot to mavericks if I boot using Chameleon which is also on the USB device.

Regards

-J

I've managed to boot with clover by adding a patched ssdt.aml. Clover successfully boots mavericks but the usb mouse and keyboard do Not work. If I boot with chameleon then the keyboard and mouse do work. Any way to fix this?

Regards

-J

Currently having a similar issue right now like this in Yosemite. Have you been able to find any hints/tips on this? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back