Motherboard
Asus X530UN (Asus VivoBook S15 S530UN) - Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
MX150, UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yesterday I updated my laptop's BIOS and I cannot boot to hackintosh anymore, the installation program is buggy too. I had recreate my installation usb and the problem still exists. What can I do beside downgrading BIOS to fix this problem?

Those amls are extracted after BIOS update.

Since I experience issues at re-installing macOS, so I couldn't provide any logs about the booting progress.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 77
Yesterday I updated my laptop's BIOS and I cannot boot to hackintosh anymore, the installation program is buggy too. I had recreate my installation usb and the problem still exists. What can I do beside downgrading BIOS to fix this problem?

Those amls are extracted after BIOS update.

Since I experience issues at re-installing macOS, so I couldn't provide any logs about the booting progress.

Use the RehabMan Clover build. Official sourceforge Clover has broken AutoMerge for patched SSDTs.
Link in guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your SystemMemory addresses have changed. Must re-extract (just to make sure), then re-patch.

Code:
NUC6i7KYK:patched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/|grep SystemMemory
<     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x8C9F4000, 0x0767)
>     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x8A9E0000, 0x0767)
<         OperationRegion (RAMW, SystemMemory, 0x8CA2A000, 0x0100)
>         OperationRegion (RAMW, SystemMemory, 0x8AA16000, 0x0100)

Tried with your build of Clover, but the problem still exists.
Here is the clover folder with extracted amls

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
Tried with your build of Clover, but the problem still exists.
Here is the clover folder with extracted amls

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no verbose boot photo, no misc/preboot.log)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: WhateverGreen.kext missing from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Also, remove AppleALC.kext, VoodooHDA.kext. (those two are mutually exclusive anyway), ACPIBatteryManager.kext (that is not essential, for post-install only with properly patched ACPI). Your Lilu.kext is not current (and neither is AppleALC.kext).

Also, from drivers64UEFI get rid of Ps2MouseDxe, UsbKbDxe, UsbMouseDxe, VboxEx4.

Sorry for late reply, was being busy these few days. After using WhateverGreen.kext, I can't even load into the installer.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • VID_20180929_095647.mp4.00_00_48_24.Still001.jpg
    VID_20180929_095647.mp4.00_00_48_24.Still001.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 186
Used non-spoof plist already, but the problem still exists(I found out that I set the DVMT to 32M and result in not able to boot).
Sometimes when it is booted, it only shows Apple icon or something like the photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20180930_175654.jpg
    IMG_20180930_175654.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 104
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Used non-spoof plist already, but the problem still exists(I found out that I set the DVMT to 32M and result in not able to boot).
Sometimes when it is booted, it only shows Apple icon or something like the photo attached.

If you have set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb no need for the framebuffer-patch-enable entry in Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)

Okay, removed the whole key of PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) but still no fix for that, now I may load to the system with luck...
Sometimes it stucks at apple logo, sometimes after I login the login page is still there but I can still see finder window, mouse click won't able to click on anything, but shortcut keys are functioning

Okay, removed the whole key of PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) but still no fix for that, now I may load to the system with luck...
Sometimes it stucks at apple logo, sometimes after I login the login page is still there but I can still see finder window, mouse click won't able to click on anything, but shortcut keys are functioning
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back