Lenovo X270 (Clover)
CPU
6th Gen Intel Core i7-6600U
Graphics
HD520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all,

I've been given an X260 for work but I am so used to Mac that my muscle memory is killing me with shortcuts on Windows.

I tried using Windows for like a week but gave up and installed Linux which for the applications I need to use, it's not supported. Additionally, Thinkpad Dock is super poor on Linux and my WWAN refuses to work...

I have had much experience with Hackintosh'ing but with this X260, it's like a completely different story. Seems like nothing works.

I can see there has been people successful with doing this, so it's definitely possible! Unfortunately I don't have enough posts yet to be able to PM the people that were successful, so I really hope that one of them stumble across my thread.

I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or if they have had a successful installation, could help me out (or even share their installation files), I would be greatly in debt.

Thanks!

My laptop is an X260 with the following specifications:

CPU: 6th Gen Intel Core i7-6600U
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
HDD: 128GB SATA SSD
Ethernet: Intel I217LM
Wifi: Intel something that doesn't work (but doesn't mind me)

EDIT: A bit more of where I stand currently -
  • I've created a USB for installing Sierra 10.12.5 using UniBeast.
  • I can boot into installer successfully, and install (I will get an error at the end of installation about unable to bless the drive but that's fine).
  • After installation, booting using the same USB stick's Clover, will net me at this point:
RyWcyk3.jpg

I've tried:
  • Including IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext and Lilu.kext in the EFI/CLOVER kexts
  • Applying a patch for minStolenSize (by Austere.J).
  • Applying a patch for 19MB framebuffers (by RehabMan).
  • Using a bogus ig-platform-id like 0x12345678.
  • Using my actual ig-platform-id, 0x19160000 (for Intel HD 520).

Hi all,

I've been given an X260 for work but I am so used to Mac that my muscle memory is killing me with shortcuts on Windows.

I tried using Windows for like a week but gave up and installed Linux which for the applications I need to use, it's not supported. Additionally, Thinkpad Dock is super poor on Linux and my WWAN refuses to work...

I have had much experience with Hackintosh'ing but with this X260, it's like a completely different story. Seems like nothing works.

I can see there has been people successful with doing this, so it's definitely possible! Unfortunately I don't have enough posts yet to be able to PM the people that were successful, so I really hope that one of them stumble across my thread.

I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or if they have had a successful installation, could help me out (or even share their installation files), I would be greatly in debt.

Thanks!

My laptop is an X260 with the following specifications:

CPU: 6th Gen Intel Core i7-6600U
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
HDD: 128GB SATA SSD
Ethernet: Intel I217LM
Wifi: Intel something that doesn't work (but doesn't mind me)

EDIT: A bit more of where I stand currently -
  • I've created a USB for installing Sierra 10.12.5 using UniBeast.
  • I can boot into installer successfully, and install (I will get an error at the end of installation about unable to bless the drive but that's fine).
  • After installation, booting using the same USB stick's Clover, will net me at this point:
RyWcyk3.jpg

I've tried:
  • Including IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext and Lilu.kext in the EFI/CLOVER kexts
  • Applying a patch for minStolenSize (by Austere.J).
  • Applying a patch for 19MB framebuffers (by RehabMan).
  • Using a bogus ig-platform-id like 0x12345678.
  • Using my actual ig-platform-id, 0x19160000 (for Intel HD 520).
UniBeast is best for desktops

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Not too sure what I should be looking at; I've pretty much tried everything there.

I know this has to do with DVMT-prealloc but my BIOS is locked so I can't change this value.
there is a guide linked at the top of the faq called clover guide use that to create your usb installer

This has the same ApplieEFIRuntime wait as my Thinkpad T470s problem. Perhaps you could have a go at the IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup kext and boot with the 0x19160000. You can find a build on RehabMan's bitbucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back