Contribute
Register

Cannot boot into Snow or install 10.6.8 combo update & more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth Z77
CPU
Intel i7-2600k
Graphics
nVidia GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright im rly starting to lose it,

After installing 10.6.3 with iboot from the cd, and i boot in i can boot in successfully (with the whole mac opening video, sound is terrible tho) but when i try booting in again it freezes, no kernal panic or nothing just freezes, so i verbosed and it shows the code just hanging in mid code loading something to with a microphone (maybe voodoo?).

So my next thought was hey why not just install multibeast to help out? So i installed multibeast (tried 10.6 and 10.7 versions) using userdsdt and system utilities and when i try to boot in, chameoleon pops up then... When i hit boot (-x or -f or plain or both) theres a little flash on the screen and the system restarts...

So my last thing to try was to just update to 10.6.8 using the combo update, but... It crashed 90% of the way through, so then im like wait... Dont i need to use update helper? So did update helper, then tried combo update and... Crashes 90% of the way through again...

Motherboard boot options are set to what they should be, hept is 64bit, achi, ect...

All i want is to just get my usb to boot lion so i can install, but this keeps happened and im stuck on what to do.

Anyone have any ideas or can anyone help me out here?

My build:

Intel i7-2600k
Gtx 480
Ga-z68xp-ud3
8gb ram
128gb ssd

Found a fix, use iboot to log back in and use kernal flags -f -x -v, first time it crashes but the second time booting it runs fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back