Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
In an attempt to make iCloud work on my hackintosh (Changing serial number and adding 'built in ethernet') I've gotten myself stuck at the boot failure screen. I've tried iBoot, but the computer just reboots when I select the Lion partition.

Is there anything I can do, other than reload the system?

Also, I'll note that I did the install of Lion with unibeast.

Thanks

Shouldnt you be using rboot for Lion?

powerpcg5 said:
Shouldnt you be using rboot for Lion?

Oh geeze, yeah I guess so. I hadn't had to use iBoot since snow leopard and I guess I completely forgot about what works with what. Also, yes Lion is the only os on my computer.

Anywho, in an effort to not start a new thread. Here's a slightly more difficult question: I am having trouble getting iCloud to work. It works fine on my Macbook, but I get an error on my hackintosh. I read that generating a new serial number with Champlist and adding "built in wireless" to the smbios would help. But that didn't work (obviously). Anywho, does anybody have any suggestions?

Btw, my onboard NIC is shot so I'm using a wireless add-in card which is working fine, but I also read that wireless cards can also cause iCloud issues.

Thanks again.

Plenty of help regarding the iCloud issue. Use the board search. You may have to try each one of them, or all of them to fix your issue. (I had the same problem too.)

From what I remember I did, I deleted my network preferences and let OSX recreate it. Made sure en0 is my primary network connection, using the latest Chimera, also used UseKernelCache=Yes.

And you really should have a "cloned drive" on your system. Get a 2nd hard drive, clone your existing Lion setup and once a week or month, update it using SuperDuper or Carbon Copy cloner. If you have a clone, it's a simple 5 minute fix, not several hours of re-work and reinstallation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back