CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there. I have a Dell Optiplex 380 and just upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra. I had to update my Lilu.kext in my EFI partition because Clover would be stuck in a boot loop when trying to boot to the HS Install. So I did that then I was able to install High Sierra but now that it is installed, I cannot boot into High Sierra for the first time! I have NVidia web drivers installed. I already tried the -f UseKernelCache=No and the -x command. ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!

I cannot boot into High Sierra for the first time!
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Preview attachment IMG_0986.JPG

icon_1_image_x32.png

IMG_0986.JPG
2.3 MB

IMG_0986.JPG
2.3 MB
There is no requirement to host your images on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

There is no requirement to host your images on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.
Yeah I dont know why it did that. I took it on my phone, emailed it to my self, then drag and dropped it.

here is the raw image

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
Here is the raw image. Sorry it is side ways.
301135-b2c090d1ba137ca3cdd33e68bca03bc5.jpg

Hi i think i may have the same Issue as you, is it after installing macos or cant u even boot the installer?

Hi i think i may have the same Issue as you, is it after installing macos or cant u even boot the installer?
So I was able to boot the installer after putting in the latest lilu.kext in my EFI partition, under the "Other" folder. Then I opened the Install macOS High Sierra Installer, went through that, restarted, booted into the temporary Install macOS partition without anymore issues. The install took about 45 minutes because I only have a C2D and 4GB of RAM. Then, upon completion and reboot, I cannot boot into my desktop. I can, however, boot into the Recovery Partition.

Have you figured anything out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back