Contribute
Register

Cannot boot into 10.11.2 or 10.11.3 without Safe Mode (Chameleon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-7500U / i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD620 / AMD Radeon HD7770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm using Enoch (yes i know i know, but I have to, no matter what I try, Clover will just not work on my machine). I'm able to install 10.11 and 10.11.1 and after a bit of :banghead: can get them both up and running on my machine pretty nicely.

10.11.2 and 10.11.3 are a different story. I am able to run the first stage of the installer no problem, but when the system reboots for the second part, it just throws back a kernel panic. The only way I'm able to get in is if I safe boot.

Is this something to do with the new kernel? Is there a patch for it or anything? One other thing I noticed is some of my custom kexts in Extra/Extensions and S/L/E are being ignored when using 10.11.2 and 10.11.3 (NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and Verde.kext to name a couple)... I've looked around for people with issues similar to mind but can't find anything.

Any help much appreciated as my brain is in danger of becoming wet spaghetti.

I managed to resolve this myself. I can't find evidence that anyone else has experienced this issue, but just in case anyone has and they stumble upon this, I resolved the issue by compiling a DSDT from my Windows 10 partition and including this in Chameleon's 'Extra' folder. My machine now boots into 10.11.2 and 10.11.3 no problem.

This is just a straight up, unpatched (for now) DSDT. I've never had to use one before and even though I've had to use a few kexts and flags to get around various compatibility issues, I've never had such a problem booting into OS X before. Not sure what the change is in El Cap .2 and .3 that requires my machine to now have a DSDT in place, but if anyone has any ideas I'd be very interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back