Contribute
Register

Cannot boot installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear tonymacx86 folks,

First of all, thank you for the amazing guides already on this website.

I am trying to install macOS from a USB boot drive set up using the macOS High Sierra install guide. My goal is to set up a triple boot configuration on my desktop: macOS, Windows, and Ubuntu. I have the following hardware setup:

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
CPU: i7-7700K
Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI Plus, set to full UEFI (BIOS/compatibility mode disabled)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2400C16, installed in the slots recommended by the motherboard manual
Storage: well this is a complicated one. It comes down to one 250GB Samsung 850 SSD (SATA 3) and two 1TB hard drives, one of which contains some free space for a macOS installation.
There's also a 2TB external hard drive, formatted as NTFS for Windows Backup (or maybe Time Machine in the future?) purposes.

During installation I added the kext for the Mausi ethernet driver (for my onboard Intel network card). I also added the FakeSMC.kext and the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. My config.plist is based on this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/
I added the config.plist file on my flash drive as an attachment.

Below you can find a combined screenshot with the partition details:
rYZM29I.jpg

I intend to format the HFS+ partition; I created it during an earlier failed attempt to install macOS.

My problem is as follows:
I am trying to boot the macOS installer. I have plugged the flash drive into a USB2 port (since USB3 causes further problems) and I am booting from the drive by pressing F11 to bring up the boot menu and selecting the flash drive.

When I try to boot the installer, I get this error message:
RxHXfUU.jpg

Typed out, in case the photo is too blurry for you:
Code:
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting override for .\IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Error allocating 0x30fa pages at 0x000000000fa95000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

When I use osxaptiofixdrv-64 instead of osxaptiofixdrv2-64, it goes as far as printing a lot of +++'s but then my PC reboots without any further output.

I have tried the following already:
- Spoof the CPU ID to 0x506E3. I realize this is a requirement and always make sure to do this.
- Toggling "Use NVIDIA WEB drivers"
- Setting "Fix USB ownership"
- Removing osxaptiofixdrv2-64 and replacing it with osxaptiofixdrv-64

Does anybody have an idea about how to boot the installer on my machine? Or maybe have some additional advice?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.9 KB · Views: 231
Your config.plist has far too many needless ACPI/DSDT fixes - If you don't know what they do then don't select them.
CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67.
You have no SMBIOS - Suggest iMac14,2 at least until you have installed the OS.
You should select NvidiaWeb.

With a GTX 1080 you must boot with nv_disable=1 until you have installed the OS and the web drivers.

Thank you for your quick response. I have regenerated a fresh config.plist.
I managed to get OsxAptioFix2Drv to not error out; my PC now reboots with that driver as well (after echoing a bunch of ++++++++)

Attached is my new config.plist. Is this better? Am I still missing something? I generated it using Clover Configurator which was linked on the site somewhere around here.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 246
Try OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv or even OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.

Use the forum Search tool and see if you can find a Build Guide written by someone with similar parts to your own.

I've got a very similar issue. After fresh install it boots fine then on second restart it gives me this error message. Have tried with OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with no joy so far

Folks reporting similar problems got the suggestion to drop the MATS table in config.plist. Are you using a pretty recent clover? I think you want to be on >=4184 (but I've seen a problem report on 4208/latest). Temporarily disconnect any drives you're not installing to. And in general look for guides with folks with your same hardware, and maybe consider installing just Sierra for now, as there is more likely to be a success guide for it, then think about upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back