IMG_20171007_151812.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
Here are the files

Problems:
- your Clover/kexts is not per guide
- the config.plist you have will only work if Intel IGPU is enabled in BIOS
- you may need to inject EDID (use an invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678 to see if it will boot without IGPU drivers loading)
- keep in mind DVMT-prealloc must be 64mb+ or else you will need to to use an invalid ig-platform-id until you can get the kexts in cache, such that the 32mb DVMT patch can be applied
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext you have is not a version that works with 10.13
- make sure your IntelGraphicsFixup.kext are the latest and is matched with Lilu.kext (the ones on my bitbucket will work with 10.13)
- SSDT-PNLF.aml should not be present in ACPI/patched when trying to boot the installer (that is a post-install task)
- your copy of Clover is rather old
- the AddProperties for Nvidia depends on Clover working correctly
- should you update Clover, consider using my version... lots of churn lately in current Clover and I'm not sure kext injection is fixed yet (especially when you strangely split your kexts amongst different subdirectories as you have)

FYI: If you were to try the SSDT-DisceteSpoof.aml method, your Nvidia is at: _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP

Last edited:
I updated lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixup.kext, used a platform-id of 0x12345678, removed my SSDT, and tried booting again. The same thing happened.

I updated lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixup.kext, used a platform-id of 0x12345678, removed my SSDT, and tried booting again. The same thing happened.

Must fix everything I mentioned.
And then new "Problem Reporting" files required.

Must fix everything I mentioned.
And then new "Problem Reporting" files required.

Still can't boot with the iGPU enabled in BIOS, but I changed everything you mentioned and I think my SSDT patch is the thing holding me back now. I'm getting a few ACPI errors when booting, but they scroll past too quickly to get a picture (phone has a bad camera). I tried booting with and without injecting a bogus platform-id, same result. I used your version of clover. I added your ethernet kext in hopes of getting working ethernet, but it still doesn't show up.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • Connor’s MacBook Air.zip
    448.2 KB · Views: 67
  • kextcache.txt.zip
    793 bytes · Views: 62
  • kextstat.txt.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 77
  • RehabMan.zip
    64.8 KB · Views: 61
Still can't boot with the iGPU enabled in BIOS, but I changed everything you mentioned and I think my SSDT patch is the thing holding me back now. I'm getting a few ACPI errors when booting, but they scroll past too quickly to get a picture (phone has a bad camera). I tried booting with and without injecting a bogus platform-id, same result. I used your version of clover. I added your ethernet kext in hopes of getting working ethernet, but it still doesn't show up.

Way too many kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for the installer.
And stuff that doesn't even work on 10.13 (and some versions of 10.12)
And stuff that doesn't work without proper ACPI patches, even if it did work on your target version of macOS...

Reduce EFI/Clover/kexts/Other to only the essential kexts required to use the installer.
In your case:
USBInjectAll.kext
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

And the _DSM->XDSM patch in config.plist is disabled, so no expectation that SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml will work (there is an existing _DSM at that path in SSDT-17-NvOptTbl.aml). You missed "Other considerations" part of the guide that discusses this...

And once you fix that... config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=true is not needed. Set false.

Note: Your Ethernet is (recent) Intel. No idea why you added AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, as the only kext you need for Ethernet is IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Keep this in mind: Use only the kexts that make sense for your hardware.

Last edited:
Way too many kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for the installer.
And stuff that doesn't even work on 10.13 (and some versions of 10.12)
And stuff that doesn't work without proper ACPI patches, even if it did work on your target version of macOS...

Reduce EFI/Clover/kexts/Other to only the essential kexts required to use the installer.
In your case:
USBInjectAll.kext
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

And the _DSM->XDSM patch in config.plist is disabled, so no expectation that SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml will work (there is an existing _DSM at that path in SSDT-17-NvOptTbl.aml). You missed "Other considerations" part of the guide that discusses this...

And once you fix that... config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=true is not needed. Set false.

Note: Your Ethernet is (recent) Intel. No idea why you added AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, as the only kext you need for Ethernet is IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Keep this in mind: Use only the kexts that make sense for your hardware.

I already installed while booted with the dGPU. I tried using the clover gui to disable all unnecessary kexts, added the _DSM patch, and disable inject Nvidia. I was able to see the login screen for a split second, but I was back at the same single line as before. Could the fact that I have P630 graphics instead of HD630 have anything to do with it?

I already installed while booted with the dGPU. I tried using the clover gui to disable all unnecessary kexts, added the _DSM patch, and disable inject Nvidia. I was able to see the login screen for a split second, but I was back at the same single line as before. Could the fact that I have P630 graphics instead of HD630 have anything to do with it?

You should be booting the installer, not a partition you already installed (because who knows what you have installed there).
And...
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You should be booting the installer, not a partition you already installed (because who knows what you have installed there).
And...
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attached are pictures of verbose booting the installer and my clover.zip. When booting I disabled the unnecessary kexts. I cannot boot either the installer or my installed disk with the iGPU.

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_185145.jpg
    IMG_20171006_185145.jpg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 70
  • CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 66
Attached are pictures of verbose booting the installer and my clover.zip. When booting I disabled the unnecessary kexts. I cannot boot either the installer or my installed disk with the iGPU.

Still Clover/kexts is wrong.
I don't think you read what I wrote very carefully.
Do not rely on any "kext disable" feature in Clover.
Set ig-platform-id = 0x12345678 in your config.plist so you don't forget.
Note: You can also try Skylake spoofing (for graphics when attempting to use valid ig-platform-id).
You should probably check in Windows to be certain your internal display is, in fact, running on the Intel graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back