Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just bought a 4350s, i5, HD3000.

I cannot boot from my Lion USB installer despite many changes to attempt to fix. Hitting F9 never shows the USB key as a boot drive option.

This is my fourth Lion system, but my first laptop, the others were desktops.

Something weird is that I have a second USB key setup the same way and it was recognized by Windows 7, until I attempted to boot with it. Now both my keys are not recognized by Windows. I got a little nervous, so I went back to a desktop to see if my keys were damaged, but they booted fine into the Lion installer.

I have a fair amount of experience setting up systems and laptops, I must admit I am at a loss here.

Any thoughts here, was anyone exposed to same situation ?

OK back to english, so everyone understands.

USB is selected as bootable.

Already reset BIOS to defaults.

I am beyond basics at this point...

Upgrade Bay
HD
Ethernet

I would try creating another USB key using UniBeast, perhaps with a different brand flash drive. Also, perhaps double check that the USB ports are working, assuming you have a Windows USB install USB key (Linux, DOS, whatever...), or even the ability to boot Windows and see if the USB ports are working.

But you have to get the BIOS to recognize the USB key as bootable.

Agree with rehabman. Try different USB sticks.
I had to try 3 or 4 before it finally worked with a Sandisk 32GB (a total waste of space really), but the same brand 16GB didn't work, and another 8GB CNMemory (I think) also didn't work.

Good luck!

Ports are definitely working, as I can read 2 other FAT-32 sticks inside Windows 7.

The only thing that makes sense at this point is changing brands, as both my Installer Sticks are OCZ Rally 8Gb.

Does anyone have any known working Brand / Model to suggest ?

Thank you in advance !

I'm using cheap SanDisk 8GB purchased in a 3-pack bundle at Costco. Nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back