Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
Core i5-4460
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

I was trying to follow these instructions https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ trying to get the APP store to work. I must've done something very wrong because when I restarted I got a panic and could not boot from my SSD or my recovery disk, I can only boot in safe mode. I know the problem has something to do with my clover config.plist because only after messing with it in Clover Configurator did this happen. I have a backup of my config.plist I just cannot mount the EFI in safe mode, so there is no way for me to restore the original config.plist.

I thought, after all that, that it would be best to just restart and make a clean install. However, I cannot boot with my USB either. I tried booting my usb with dart=0 but still not working. Why can I not boot with my USB? I made no changes to anything on it and it worked fine when I was making my clean install of Sierra with it.

I guess my questions are:
1. Is there a way to restore my backup of config.plist in safe mode?
2. If not, how can I get my USB working again?

Here are my build details:

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Core i5-4460
Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (boot volume)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
TP Link Wireless PCI Express adapter
Corsair CS 550 Watt
Corsair Carbide 300R

Thanks for all your help!

Hi,

I was trying to follow these instructions https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ trying to get the APP store to work. I must've done something very wrong because when I restarted I got a panic and could not boot from my SSD or my recovery disk, I can only boot in safe mode. I know the problem has something to do with my clover config.plist because only after messing with it in Clover Configurator did this happen. I have a backup of my config.plist I just cannot mount the EFI in safe mode, so there is no way for me to restore the original config.plist.

I thought, after all that, that it would be best to just restart and make a clean install. However, I cannot boot with my USB either. I tried booting my usb with dart=0 but still not working. Why can I not boot with my USB? I made no changes to anything on it and it worked fine when I was making my clean install of Sierra with it.

I guess my questions are:
1. Is there a way to restore my backup of config.plist in safe mode?
2. If not, how can I get my USB working again?

Here are my build details:

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Core i5-4460
Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (boot volume)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
TP Link Wireless PCI Express adapter
Corsair CS 550 Watt
Corsair Carbide 300R

Thanks for all your help!

App store will only work if Ethenet is set to Built in. Can only boot into Recovery Partition if you have FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Recommend re-creating you're Unibeast Boot stick if you can no longer boot from it.

Thanks for the reply @VoiletDragon . I re-created my UniBeast usb drive following closely the instructions here on tonymacx86. Still the usb will not boot. I booted in verbose mode and at first froze on the line Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line xxxx, I let it sit a little longer until it froze again, this time at 68.710151: ATHR: unknown locale: 14 (see attachments).

I am at a loss as to what to do next. I wish there was a way to load the default clover config.plist instead of the one I modified from the clover boot screen.

Any other suggestions for me?

Attachments

• IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1761.PNG
    IMG_1761.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back