Standard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
SSD not bootable after using MultiBeast

Hi, I am a newbie here and need help. I thought I did my homework but I am missing something. I've followed the UniBeast and MultiBeast instructions and I am getting fatal crashes when trying to boot from my SATA drive. I installed Lion - used EasyBeast Install on MultiBeast. Upon trying to boot from the Sata I get the Tonymacx red apple icon and my Sata icon with a countdown to press any key to boot. Then I see a low res Apple screen and then a complete failure. It is the apple "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the power button again.

I've tried both fixes, one typing the appropriate code in the terminal, that didn't work..same results. I then took the drive and hooked it up to my Lion macBook Pro laptop and ran multiBeast from the laptop, installing multiBeast to the external SATA. Same results.

I have a Gigabyte GA-H&&-DS3H rev 1.1 MB. Running i5.
Any help? Thank you in advance.

you didnt do your research. you should not have used easy beast, you should have picked userdtsd/dtsd-free solution. Do some searching around this forum for your mobo, its really a very common one. Also, is there mobo firmware up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back