ATI 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've installed OS High Sierra successfully (Z68XP-UD3 - Running with legacy BIOS F10) with HFS+J (not APFS). (used the Convert script which comes with Unibeast ).

Now. I want to install the boot loader into the SSD drive.

this is my config which installs Successfully:

IMG_8493.jpg

But After I reboot with the SSD I get this screen:

IMG_8495.jpg

(a small window in the left top of the screen, which is flickering.)

When I boot from USB all is normal......

Any ideas.?

We have the same build and the same problem.
Except that I did go for AFPS and now I can't boot at all. Not from USB not from any of the options at the clover bootloader. Apple logo comes up and after a while I get a white ring with a line through it symbol. When I try in verbose I get the same thing but with loads of text in the background. I can't even go into recovery to delete the partition and start again.

I'm also now getting the boot:0 problem if I try and load without the USB.

Yeah I got your problem too, install with hfs not apfs, standing by for boot fix with ssd..

Do you use ssd disk? I got the cross circle logo when i used a hdd disk

We have the same build and the same problem.
Except that I did go for AFPS and now I can't boot at all. Not from USB not from any of the options at the clover bootloader. Apple logo comes up and after a while I get a white ring with a line through it symbol. When I try in verbose I get the same thing but with loads of text in the background. I can't even go into recovery to delete the partition and start again.

I'm also now getting the boot:0 problem if I try and load without the USB.

I have the same board, but UEFI Bios and AFPS partition, unstable after installing multibeast 10, had to fix Ethernet Realtek kext permission manually, but boot freeze, sometimes it boots but reboot after I log-in, sometimes screen freeze after login
I've made a backup of /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extendions before installing multibeast10 so I managed to boot in single user mode and restored the backup, now working OK.

It's just getting worse for me. Now for some reason it doesn't like the USB, I've tried to use others and Unibeast won't create any others. Might be an issue with the high sierra file. Going to try deleting and re-d/l from apple.

As it stands, I have no idea how to do a fresh install without buying a caddy so I can remove my SSD. Nothing works :(

Similar board and can't boot after multibeast. I'm running efi bios. The unibeast usb gets me in...but can't get to high Sierra any other way. I went apfs. ohhhh...also couldn't get the Nvidia driver to work. I loaded the multibeast option for newer Nvidia cards...the driver installed and showed up in system preferences as working web driver...just wasn't...

Also got that strange issue where 25 boot items show up in bios. Thank goodness I started with a blank ssd test drive and removed all my other drives. I just shut down...replaced my drives, rebooted...flashed bios to get rid of all the junk deposited there and I'm back to Sierra...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back