Graphics
ATI Radeon 6450
System is a Dell XPS 8300
Intel i7 2600 (Sandy Bridge)
H67 chipset - UEFI bios
16 gig DDR3
Radeon 5460 1 gig PCI Express
Intel intergrated graphics disabled.
Follow the install guide here for sierra, it installs fine, I create an account and run the post install multi beast for sierra. Have tried the default quick start and changing settings. Intel speedstep and virtualization is off in bios. After I reboot following the multi beast install (which says was successful), I get a black screen with a blinking underscore cursor in the upper left corner. I can reboot off the USB and load sierra from the hard drive fine. I have the drive partitioned as OSX Journaled extended and GUID partition. This was a clean install using sierra downloaded from the app store.
I get no error messages except that it cannot identify my keyboard but the keyboard seems to work fine.

Try boot with the USB with clover. When boot, install clover again in your drive.

:wave:

I have the same problem.
Success in loading from USB with uni-beast.
After success install, I ran multi-beast, and selected the HDD (I have only 1 HDD, with 1 partition on machine) as "save",
as explained here, in step 5.11 :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

After reboot, If enter boot options, I see 3:
1) AHCI... with HDD details
2) Mac OS X
3) Mac OS X

Selecting 1, brings to screen as described by @Talon0775 , selecting 2 or 3, do nothing.
If I try to boot using USB, then no problem.

It looks like multi-beast doesn't install clover on HDD, or that I'm missing something else... (?)
Any help appreciated.

Glad I'm not alone, I booted uni-beast and installed clover on all boot devices (only option). Still no change. I'm wondering if this is a Sierra issue? I'm going to try El Capitan and see if that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back