Contribute
Register

Cannot boot after installing Multibeast (black/grey screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Super old computer.

Asus P5LD2
Pentium 4 3 GHz
2 GB RAM
nvidia 8600 GTS
Realtek ALC882
Intel ICH7R SATA
Marvell 88E8053

Snow leopard 10.6 installs fine using iboot legacy with no boot parameters. After installing multibeast and trying to start from the hard drive I get a grey/gray apple logo with no spinning wheel. If I boot with -v and any other boot parameters I get a black screen. The monitor does not go to sleep though. No indication of kernel panic. I have tried GraphicsEnabeler=No, PCIRootUID=0 (don't even know what this does), -x.

I can still boot the system using the iboot legacy disk no problem, with no boot parameters.

I get full resolution CI, QE, network/internet, sound, and in general everything seems to be working perfectly. I just cannot boot from disk!

I have tried multibeast 3.3 and 3.10.1 with identical results
Is there a special multibeast legacy version I'm supposed to use?

I tried turning off hyper threading, and turning on ACPI 2.0 support but those had no effect.

When I'm installing multibeast all I do is check easybeast. should I be checking something else too?

Are there any other boot parameters I can try to get it to boot of HD?

the HD is plugged into SATA1 which is on the Intel ICH7R Southbridge. There is only one partition, and was formated using GUID.

I noticed that iboot legacy uses AnVAL v5.1.4 r709 instead of Chameleon 2 or Chimera 1.7.

Is there a way to install AnVAL instead of the other boot loaders?

I tried installing anval using this guide over multibeast 3.10.1
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7 ... 7&start=10
but now if I try to boot from HD it just restarts.

hmm

installing anval over multibeast 3.3 hangs in the same place as the regular boot loaders.

Do I need multibeast 1.0 maybe?

I installed Chameleon v2.0-RC4_PCEFI-10.5_AsereBLN r using multibeast 2.0.5 and now it boots from HD, but Ethernet and sound don't work.

hmm. I guess I'll just boot from the legacy CD for now.

Is there no way to support legacy cpus in the new multibeasts?

SOLVED! (only 10.6.3 but I don't need more for now. upgrading to 10.6.8 breaks booting. iboot legacy won't boot into 10.6.8 either. probably something to do with anval being older than 10.6.8)

ok so here the steps I used to get it to work.

1. install 10.6 with iboot legacy
2. boot into 10.6 with iboot legacy
3. run the 10.6.3 combo update
4. install the easybeast option in multibeast 3.10.1
5. download AnVAL5.1.4.zip
6. extract the 'boot' file and copy it to your OSX drive root directory
7. copy the file Preboot.dmg from iboot legacy to /Extra on your OSX drive
8. reboot without iboot legacy

now I have all hardware working perfectly and I no longer need the iboot legacy disk to boot from.

I have the same problem. I will fallow your steps.
My usb are very slow, do i have to install something else?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back