Graphics
ATI 4850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so I installed the 10.8.1 update from the app store, it restarted,and now I can't boot. All it does is come to the chimera v1.11.1 r1394 screen and then flash up a multicoloured rectangle it the top left of the screen and then it reboots. Trying to boot in safe mode, single user mode fails, and trying to boot with verbose means the options still move by too quickly to read where the problem is happening then get a white rectangle and it reboots. Any suggestions on debugging/fixing this? Rather stupidly, I didn't take a backup.

Cheers, Rob

I had that problem too. I was able to boot up with GraphicsEnabler=No and then run multibeast again and reinstall my Kexts and drivers.

I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No and that won't boot either...I'm going to try booting from the Unibeast USB stick tonight and replacing the chameleon bootlist and smbios files with the USB ones. as a last ditch attempt to fix it.

Cheers,
Robin!

The problem turned out to be fixable by booting from the unibeast stick, starting up terminal, renaming the chameleon.plist and the smboot.plist to bak files and then copying them back off of the USB. I was surprised to find that this was caused NOT by the update to 10.8.1 but by the chameleon wizard. This is also repeatable. When I try and set the display mode to 1920x1200x32 it went back to rolling crashes on reboot! Has anybody else experienced this?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back