Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all! :) I'm new here. I followed the install guide (both Lifehacker and the official one here), and actually got into the install screen, formatted HDD, and installed the system. But now it won't boot.

I got into the install screen with boot parameters: "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=1 AtiConfig=Uakari" (and I have no idea what they mean, copied from this forum)

My system:

Asus P5Q Pro motherboard (Intel P45 chipset)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz
ATI RADEON X1650 graphics

I know this isn't an ideal system, but I wanted to try it anyway. Now, the same boot parameters can't boot the system from the harddrive. The last messages when just using "-v -x":

Code:
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
ATI card non-POSTed, reading VBIOS from PCI ROM @0xfe8c0000

Memory allocation error! Addr=0x0, Size=0xe7e92e0, FIle=device_inject.c, Line=220

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you.

Regards,
Markus

Here's a post for your motherboard. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html Did you try booting with a boot CD after install. It won't boot without one until you install chameleon or EFI bootloaders and a DSDt and other kexts. There is a link on this post for iBoot cd and instructions on how to get up and running.

styro said:
Here's a post for your motherboard. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html Did you try booting with a boot CD after install. It won't boot without one until you install chameleon or EFI bootloaders and a DSDt and other kexts. There is a link on this post for iBoot cd and instructions on how to get up and running.

Thanks for your reply.

The link you posted is the guide I followed. I can now boot with the iBoot-disc (parameters "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=1 AtiConfig=Uakari") into the system. Unfortunately, I cannot continue with the guide, for the system will not recognize my USB-stick nor my burnt CDs/DVDs. I suppose I will have to borrow another DVD-drive from someone.

Regards,
Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back