Contribute
Register

Can´t boot with iBoot on P55A-Ud4 i7-870 Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390i Gaming
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630 + Radeon Pro WX4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everybody.
I just want to built a new Mac and have problems using the iBoot method. I did everything as described... modified the BIOS, burned iBoot on a disc, and tried to boot using an external usb cd-rom drive. The problem is, that I even don´t get to the Screen with the red apple and the disc. it just says:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v r
Built date: 2010-02-11 01:50:09
4091MB memory
VESA v3.0 14MB (NVIVIA)
Press Enter to start up Darwin/x86 with no options, or you can:
Type -v and press Enter to start up with diagnostic messages
Type ? anmd press Enter to learn about advanced startup options

boot: _

And nothing else. Nothing happens when I press Buttons or insert the SL DVD and press F5. I tried with iBoot Suppoorted and NVIDIA. Does anyone have an idea? Something wrong with my Hardware?

- Gigabyte P55A-UD4 rev2
- Intel i7 870
- Graphics: MSI VN 240GT MD1G
- Samsung HD 1TB

Is the problem maybe that I have the rev2 of the UD4 board? Or the graphic card? But can a graphic card stop iBoot from booting?

Please Help?

Thank You!

No Idea?
Please Help! Im some kind of frustrated...

Thanx!

Very basic answer for you, but try using an internal SATA CD/DVD drive. Or look in your motherboard handbook about what kind of support your USB provides for external devices such as CD/DVD readers. I hear that iBoot is very picky about having an internal SATA DVD drive, and this may be the problem.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

J

Yes It makes a difference!
Thank You so far! Now I´m able to get to the iboot-screen. But when I change to SL install Disc and press Enter it shows me this apple-screen becoming dark-grey and says "You need to restart your computer..." :(
I tried "-x" for save mode, but without luck.
What Can I try?

Thanx!

OK... there is progress in this project. Somehow I managed it to install osx on this machine. I changed some BIOS settings for eSATA and GSATA back to IDE, and then I was able to install. But the graphics were very distroid with big colourful pixels all around the screen. I just managed it because I already knew these install-Windows. I even did a 10.6.4 Update, but Multibeast failed when I tried the DSDT-Install (I put the DSDT-File on the Desktop). Easybeast did the job, now the graphics look better... but now my resolution is still 1024 x 768 and it is impossible to change it. So How can I fix the graphics? Is there a chance for my Card? It´s an MSI VN240GT MD1G.... or do I have to change it?

Thank you so far, but I still need help!

Good Night!

Glad to see you made some progress. Unfortunately, I do not have an Nvidia card and have no experience with getting the drivers to work for it. However, I can point you to http://www.insanelymac.com and Netkas's blog (google it) and there you should start trolling (looking in) the forums for "information" about how to install Nvidia cards. There are lots of people out there who have been or are in your position as well so be vigilant and try not to ask questions when you don't need to, it sometimes has a tendancy to bother some (not me) people. Be warned as well that most of the posted files on insanelymac are not available for just anyone to download, and you might have to receive special permission to download a file you may need. Also, consider donating whenever someone asks.
Anyway, regardless of where you go for info, it is my guess that you will need to procure for yourself a set of drivers for your Nvidia card. Following this, there will be some sort of installation process for those kexts (mac version of what windows calls "drivers") and you will have to do a bit of testing to find out exactly which "guide" works for your card. The guides usually accompany the driver files. Or at least point to where they may be. There is probably also some stuff on this forum too, so have a look in some of the other forums for stuff. Post installation is a good section to scan as well.

EDIT: you probably don't have to change your card unless its new. If it's a slightly older card the more likely you won't have to. However I'm going to go ahead and assume that there is a list of supported cards somewhere on the net, and yours is probably listed there too someplace. Again, try googling it.

Good luck, and remember to help out others once you get your machine running the way you like it!

J

OK... I´m getting closer.
Right now I figuered out to Install SL and Win7 as dual boot. The problem with the graphics was solved after installing Easybeast and DSDT afterwards (I just forgot to rename the DSDT File). VGA and DVI even work together with two monitors. Onboard sound don´t seem to work, but I don´t mind because I´m using an usb-interface. Only one thing that I have to find out... I have This TP-Link wlan adaptor. plugged it in, but can´t use it in SL. It´s a TL-WN851N / TL-WN951N card. I did search for it anywhere but cant find a solution. Any Ideas?

Thanx!

Sorry mate, no clue on that one. I tried using a Belkin Wireless G Desktop card in my hack, but I can't seem to get the driver to respond properly. I suppose it has something to do with my "mac" running an intel version of OSX. The wireless card is fairly dated, and the latest drivers off the Belkin Website don't support OSX (ver .9, only ver. 8) and it seems to hang when I run it.

Ohwell, I have LAN instead, much faster most often more reliable.

Cheers and good luck with the adapter.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back