Contribute
Register

Can You really work with your hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OsX 10.12.5
CPU
intel core i7-2600K
Graphics
Sapphire RADEON HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

I'm working with digital performer 7.24, a TC electronic 24D, Native instruments, sonnox and soundtoys (authorized) pluggings and a few Wave"s plugs.

Big sessions, about 30 audio tracks, 10 midi instruments tracks and 60 insert pluggins.
Buffer settings 128.

My macbook pro is realy more stable than my mackintosh.

And you?

strange...... my hack is way more stable, Powerfull and quiet'er than my MacBookPro i7 quadcore with 8 gigs of ram and a 500 gigs 7200rpm Hd.... and i use it for Studio recording.. i use LogicPro 9.15, Ableton Live 8.2.5 and DP 7.24....

thanks for reply.
I fell better with 10.7.2.
I will buy 8go memory more because I can't use too much VI like omnisphere, trilian...with many insert plugins.
A few time, Digital performer signal that there is not enough memory even though activity monitor say that there is enough available memory.

My MBP is marginally more stable than my hack. Only marginal though.

I use the Hack for work almost exclusively.

My hack is just as stable as my macbook pro, its just that it has more power and can handle more tracks..

Love it and use it all the time..

ar13 said:
strange...... my hack is way more stable, Powerfull and quiet'er than my MacBookPro i7 quadcore with 8 gigs of ram and a 500 gigs 7200rpm Hd.... and i use it for Studio recording.. i use LogicPro 9.15, Ableton Live 8.2.5 and DP 7.24....

do you use firewire? i have a shutle SH67H3 but there is no firewire on it so i use a firewire card but somtimes my logic pr 9.1.5 is somtimes chrasing ;=(

You need to increase your system memory from 8GB to 32GB.

My hackintosh puts my friends macbook pro 2011 to shame. I have yet to crash ever, even when working with logic. I spent about 1,500 on this machine and it outperforms a similarly priced Mac Pro by about a third.

My hackintosh is really fasssttt and has more room for big task than my 2010 macbookpro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back