Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97N-Wifi
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
on my Dell Precision system i can't seem to upgrade. Tried the app store route as well as the osx update combo. In both instances it asks me to reboot but nothing happens after that, i am back in 10.11.2. SIP is disabled (0x67), also tried to boot with nv_disable=1 and then run the installer but same thing. Any ideas ?

on my Dell Precision system i can't seem to upgrade. Tried the app store route as well as the osx update combo. In both instances it asks me to reboot but nothing happens after that, i am back in 10.11.2. SIP is disabled (0x67), also tried to boot with nv_disable=1 and then run the installer but same thing. Any ideas ?

any suggestions folks ?

Hi, linuxrox

Rencently I try to install os x 10.11 on my Dell Precision 5810 using CLOVER method.

after several times failed I first install 10.11 on my laptop and then mount the hard disk on my desktop, but I always get cpu panic error and reboot.

I saw you also using Dell 5810, so could you give me some suggests?

my cpu is Xeon E5-1607 v3 video card is quadro k620

do I need special settings in the config.plist or need special kexts?

Could you share your config.plist files for yout dell 5810?

Thank you for your help.

What system definition are you using? Might have some success if you change it to one of the iMac versions closest to your actual hardware.

GB,

I have always used MacPro 3.1 with this Haswell-E Dell system. Since my unsuccessful attempt at upgrade i attempted a new 10.11.3 install using Unibeast, no dice as it would get stuck loading installer screen (with GTX960 / nv_disable flags as well as GT640 and injecting Nvidia) . So i re-created the installer using the "createmedia" process and installed the latest clover version. That worked fine, i am hoping upgrade to 10.11.4 will not requite complete re-install again.

Thank you very much, it works.

can i use it for High Sierra too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back