Contribute
Register

Can this run OS X (i5 6400, gtx 960, msi h110m pro d, 8gb ddr4 ram)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI h110m pro d
CPU
Intel Core i5 6400 skylake
Graphics
MSI GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
so i have a computer.
Specs:
CPU - Intel core i5 6400
GPU - MSI gtx 960
Ram - 8gb ddr4
Motherboard - MSI h110m pro d

I was wondering if i could run OS X on this computer. If you now how to do it, please help me because i have been trying to get os x running but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums,
First take a look at the BIOS settings here, MSI 9 Series Motherboards - OS X Setup and Configuration ...
Those are for 9 series but will be relevant for 100 series too. Also enable XHCI Handoff in the BIOS.
You'll need to install using the boot flag nv_disable=1, this is required due to your GTX960. You can install the nvidia web drivers once at the desktop.

Hi,
I did everything what you said, but i get stuck at the white screen with apple logo.
Pls help :D

Boot adding -v to your arguments. When it stops take a clear picture and post it here. Please fill out your profile as requested by the Rules. This will help us help you. Just like under my name/avatar with motherboard make and model..processor..graphics..etc. Make sure you're using a digital connection such as DP/HDMI/DVI-D, not VGA(unsupported).

When i use -v the screen just turns black

When i use -v the screen just turns black
Boot with nv_disable=1 -v. At this point you should be able to get a verbose output even if it doesn't reach the installer.

If it doesn't display any text, then tell me how you created your UniBeast installer and what selections you choose.

Answers like "the screen turns black" gives me no clue as what your problem is, I will not try to extract information from you and try to find out what you've tried to get your system running with OS X.
I will simply not respond.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back