MSI GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear Maccers,

I´m currently new to mac. At this moment i´m using Windows 8,1, though it works great. I´m still very curious to OSX. I Installed Mavericks on the USB drive with Unibeast. Settings are on AHCI mode.

The USB I use boots up just fine, but the moment I hit the USB button in the Chimera screen I see for a second the apple logo and then it boots up again. At this moment i´m troubleshooting the problem. But I can´t find any solution.

My setup is:

Intel i5 4570
Asrock H87M Pro 4
Nvidia GTX 760.

Can somebody help me, i'm searching for hours atm.

Thx in advance.

After a day of troubleshooting and reading on the forum no solution is found.

In the -v mode there are no errors appearing on the last page.

Anybody?

Am having the exact same problem, and from what I've read on different posts, the problem is with our ASROCK H87M mobos. Mine is an H87M-ITX. I've found where a few people have patched their BIOSs, but I've yet to find a specific patch (and step-by-step walkthru) available for download anywhere. One site posted a BIOS patch for an H77M, but A) I'm not sure that this patch will work with the newer H87Ms and B) The process of applying the patch seems complicated/risky for a newbie such as I am. Am thinking that ultimately, I'll just take my ASROCK back to Microcenter and spend the extra cash to get a GIGABYTE.

Will be interested to see what different folks have to say about your post, though.

OS WANTING TO INSTALL: OS 10.9 Mavericks

CURRENT HARDWARE: Intel Core i7 4770 (with Integrated Graphics); ASROCK H87M-ITX mobo; Crucial Ballistix 8GB kit; WD 1TB HDD (Blue); LG internal 24X DVD burner; etc.

In -v mode what is the last thing you see (what was it loading/doing)? The text on screen might not explicitly say, "ERROR" but the task it's working on prior to, or at the time of the crash, will provide insight as to where the problem lays.

Another thing to try is -x mode (safe mode), it will load the bare essentials.

There are a number of other boot flags you can try as well: npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 or PCIRootUID=0

Finding out where the boot process left off in -v mode will be very helpful so that you needn't resign yourself to randomly entering various combinations of boot flags.

Don't let the hack experience sour your OS X experience, once you get it installed and running you won't regret it.

Also, Doug, flashing/updating the BIOS on the motherboard sounds really ominous/daunting/scary but it is really not that bad. I was terrified when I did it, much moreso than I really had cause to be. So long as you're not doing it in the midst of a thunderstorm or with a power source that is likely to go out in the middle of the short process of updating, you'll do fine.

Test go in your BIOS to "Advanced"->"CPU configuration" and change the entry "No-Execute Memory Protection" from disabled to enabled...this helped me going further :)

Have the same problem with the same mobo... ;(
I tried to patch it ut the patcher always say me a thing like : "There is not any patch to apply at this UEFI file":banghead:
Please Help US!!!

PS: There isn't any error.It go to end want to start the installer but fails and reboot.

Safe mode (-x) don't work too.
I'm pretty sure the UEFI should be üatched for this.
The No execute memory protection is factory enabled by me.

SUCCESS!!!
I finally reached the installer and set up successfully!
I just had to update my UEFI with the official ROM! (I tried thousand times to patch!)
On the boot loader I just add the npci=0x1000 boot flag and it works!!!
No I've earned experience!
Never stop to try!

I do it yesterday, i direct start with my Geforce.

1-patch the bios (V 2.0)
2-make a key unibeast with maverick
etc ...

3-boot with these options : npci=0x1000 GraphicsEnabler=0 (i known it's GraphicsEnabler=No but it good for me, i pass the Apple screen with these options ....)

good luck.

I have only a problem with the network.

my config :
asrock H87M itx bios V2
4 GO Corsaire vengeance X 2 1600
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 OC
Fractale Node 304

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back