Contribute
Register

Can power supply interfere with BT/WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Broadcom BCM94352Z (Lenovo pull) in my Mini-ITX Core i7 Gen 8 box and I have had persistent dropping of wifi and lagging BT mouse since building it months ago. The card is properly seated and antennas properly connected. The design of the MoBo places the card within a few centimeters of the power supply so I wonder if the power supply could be causing interference. Graphics cards have been causes of similar issues, but I am using the on-board UHD Intel graphics chip included with the i7 processor. Any advice?

I have a Broadcom BCM94352Z (Lenovo pull) in my Mini-ITX Core i7 Gen 8 box and I have had persistent dropping of wifi and lagging BT mouse since building it months ago. The card is properly seated and antennas properly connected. The design of the MoBo places the card within a few centimeters of the power supply so I wonder if the power supply could be causing interference. Graphics cards have been causes of similar issues, but I am using the on-board UHD Intel graphics chip included with the i7 processor. Any advice?

Do. you have password reset @ 5min (system preferences/security) Does it happen after a certain amount of time or instantly or sporadic? Maybe sleep settings in system preferences/energy saver could be set to start sleep after 30 min instead of 15 min. default. If that works maybe clover enable Cstates (sleep) and C6, C2, C4 etc might help. If the bios is set to default it may not have wake on USB, wake on Wifi etc.. Just a few thoughts.

No it starts immediately upon boot. Only sleep option in System Preferences is for the display, not the computer itself.

OK, I have wifi working reliably now. All I did was turn one of the antennas about 45 degrees. However, the Magic Mouse is still "jumpy". What's weird is that I plugged in a new USB3 hard drive for my Time Machine volume and the bluetooth completely stopped. I unplugged the USB3 drive and it started again. If I plug the USB3 hard drive into my USB3 hub, bluetooth is active. Regardless, I have a jumpy Magic Mouse. Really, really frustrating. This is the last hurdle for me to overcome with my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back