Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm an experienced PC guy, but not so for Mac. I've installed OS/X, the 10.6.6 update, and ran Multibeast first using a DSDT, and then later again using SimpleBeast. The system works just fine booting from iBoot, but trying to boot directly, It swirls about 15 times, and then I get a black screen in multiple languages telling me I have to power off to reboot.

System is a GA-H55M-USB3 with an i3, 4GB. Video is nVidia GT220. Any thoughts on what I missed, or how to go about debugging?

Thanks!

Try running easy beast and system utilities only

drewvonadasmith said:
I'm an experienced PC guy, but not so for Mac. I've installed OS/X, the 10.6.6 update, and ran Multibeast first using a DSDT, and then later again using SimpleBeast. The system works just fine booting from iBoot, but trying to boot directly, It swirls about 15 times, and then I get a black screen in multiple languages telling me I have to power off to reboot.

System is a GA-H55M-USB3 with an i3, 4GB. Video is nVidia GT220. Any thoughts on what I missed, or how to go about debugging?

Thanks!
Why don't you use a DSDT?

I am also having a similar problem. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, works fine for me except for when I try and boot without the iBoot disk. I followed the iBoot + Multibeast guide to a T. Installed via my DSDT, Gigabyte P55M UD4 f11.... Got 10.6.6 installed.... But when I try and boot without the iBoot disk, my computer goes to a black screen and the fans start revving rather loud :think:

I am a complete noob to hackintoshing but very experienced with Macs. Any links to another part of the forum where this is discussed would be helpful and appreciated. I've been looking off and on for a week :oops:

As noted, I did try a DSDT first.

MacMan said:
drewvonadasmith said:

Thanks!
Why don't you use a DSDT?

That screen in multiple languages means that you had a kernel panic, now you'll have to boot in verbose mode (just type -v on the chameleon screen) to get the complete kp log, then take a picture of that screen and upload it here so we can take a look and hopefully it will guide us to the problem. Question: did you try booting with -f? it ignores the kext cache, so if the problem is related to that it may solve it.

Or add to com.apple.Boot.plist "busratio=20". Also, are you sure you have an i3 950? Because here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=642

there is no i3 950. Oh, and don't put the ratio too high or else something bad will happen.

Hi,

Thanks very much, but can you give me more specific directions? Is chameleon the interface I see when I run iboot? And how do I boot with -f? If I'm booting from the HD, where would I select the -f? Sorry this is new to me and your statements are unclear.

Thanks,
Drew

eMatoS said:
That screen in multiple languages means that you had a kernel panic, now you'll have to boot in verbose mode (just type -v on the chameleon screen) to get the complete kp log, then take a picture of that screen and upload it here so we can take a look and hopefully it will guide us to the problem. Question: did you try booting with -f? it ignores the kext cache, so if the problem is related to that it may solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back