Contribute
Register

Can only boot using iBoot, can not boot from HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the graphics card database and it shows a couple of 4870s working. I also searched around the forum for other people running 4870s and it appears that people are having success with them. I don't mind buying a new card but I want to exhaust all avenues before I buy a new one because I typically buy the best card out at the time so it lasts for a considerable amount of time.

I saw the term "flashed cards" being thrown around but that was in reference to actual mac pros running pc cards in their mac. Because this is a hackintosh, I would have no need to do something like that right?

Tonight when I get home from work I'm going to see if I can play around with some graphics settings. Any advice when it comes to this? Things to look for?

Biggyskittle said:
I looked at the graphics card database and it shows a couple of 4870s working. I also searched around the forum for other people running 4870s and it appears that people are having success with them. I don't mind buying a new card but I want to exhaust all avenues before I buy a new one because I typically buy the best card out at the time so it lasts for a considerable amount of time.

I saw the term "flashed cards" being thrown around but that was in reference to actual mac pros running pc cards in their mac. Because this is a hackintosh, I would have no need to do something like that right?

Tonight when I get home from work I'm going to see if I can play around with some graphics settings. Any advice when it comes to this? Things to look for?
Yeah you're right...If you play around a bit with your GFX settings, it might be your screen becomes blue when changing the resolution in OSX. No panic with that...just press (blind, because you don't see a mousepointer nor what you type) shift+command+q and then hit enter. with that you're logging out of your account and the screen appears back in the changed resolution

Ok, thank you much
:thumbup:

ISSUE SOLVED!

On closer observation of what was going on when I was trying to load from the HD using EasyBeast I found that I was running...

"Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 AnVAL v5.1.4 r709"

the iBoot disk is using...

"Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 Chameleon v2.0 - RC5 r700"

This was the issue! And I believe AnVAL is for legacy CPU/GFX.
But I wanted to make my own DSDT, so not only did I install Chameleon with MultiBeast...I extracted a .dsl from my current system configuration using DSDTSE v1.2 (the latest version, 1.4.3, can be found here http://www.osx86.es) and then I tried compiling that and had 3 of the same error. Just got rid of "Store (Local0, Local0)", and did some of the major fixes from this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyu8sF1YH4).
Now I'm booting straight from the HD!
Thanks for everyones help!
:clap:

same thing happened to me,how did you resolve that?

"Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 AnVAL v5.1.4 r709" good

"Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 Chameleon v2.0 - RC5 r700" bad

10.6.6 good
10.6.7 bad

thank you very much!

i`m having troubles with this too, i installed various releases of Chameleon, no one gave me success, i stuck at system uptime in (I dont remeber) nanoseconds, but when i boot with the iBoot it boots really fast, and the system is perfect, i dont have any problems on boot with the iBoot, but i cant modify the boot.plist with the boot, any suggestions ?, im using the 10.6.7 and my gfx is a 9400gt

Biggyskittle said:
ISSUE SOLVED!

On closer observation of what was going on when I was trying to load from the HD using EasyBeast I found that I was running...

"Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 AnVAL v5.1.4 r709"

the iBoot disk is using...

"Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 Chameleon v2.0 - RC5 r700"

This was the issue! And I believe AnVAL is for legacy CPU/GFX.
But I wanted to make my own DSDT, so not only did I install Chameleon with MultiBeast...I extracted a .dsl from my current system configuration using DSDTSE v1.2 (the latest version, 1.4.3, can be found here http://www.osx86.es) and then I tried compiling that and had 3 of the same error. Just got rid of "Store (Local0, Local0)", and did some of the major fixes from this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyu8sF1YH4).
Now I'm booting straight from the HD!
Thanks for everyones help!
:clap:
:thumbup: :clap: Would you mind marking the thread title as [SOLVED]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back