Contribute
Register

Can only boot into the OS if I enter safe mode. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Formula
CPU
Core i7 - 4790k 4.0 GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay I have successfully installed Mac OS 10.9 but I am getting a hang up on the apple logo and the spinning whee. I've installed the bootloader and everything else successfully. I can only boot into the OS if I enter safe mode. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Help would be appreciated.

UPDATED!! therisingking's Build: Asus Maximus VI Formula - Core i7 4790K 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte 770 4GB SLI - Dual Boot

Okay I have successfully installed Mac OS 10.9 but I am getting a hang up on the apple logo and the spinning whee. I've installed the bootloader and everything else successfully. I can only boot into the OS if I enter safe mode. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Help would be appreciated.

This needs to be posted in Mavericks Installation -- Desktop Support
Would you like me to move it there ?

You will also need to type all your hardware into your user profile to the left
if you want to receive help. Thanks in advance.

I'm curious if you've found any solutions yet? I am looking to do the same build, but I'm waiting to see what the outcome is. Thanks! :)

I'm curious if you've found any solutions yet? I am looking to do the same build, but I'm waiting to see what the outcome is. Thanks! :)

Hey man I've succesfully installed the OS, installed Multibeast and even got dual boot-working. The only problem I have is that it Mavericks only boots up if I enter safe mode. So I am trying to figure out a solution to this. I'm still waiting for my graphics card to arrive as well(GTX 770 4GB). Once I have that installed and my Mavericks booting up my build will be complete.

Hey man I've succesfully installed the OS, installed Multibeast and even got dual boot-working. The only problem I have is that it Mavericks only boots up if I enter safe mode. So I am trying to figure out a solution to this. I'm still waiting for my graphics card to arrive as well(GTX 770 4GB). Once I have that installed and my Mavericks booting up my build will be complete.

Nice! I'm getting the same graphics card as well lol. Let me know when you find the solution to the boot problem. Are you having any issues with audio?

I did get it to boot up twice without safe mode and it started up fine, havent gotten a correct boot since then. I didn't think to check the audio but next time I do I will check it.

How did you do thw dual boot buddy? Getting problems with partitioning, got 2 hdd, 1 for osx and 1 for win. Can you share and help me. Thanks

Yes just follow this guide
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/89759-beginners-guide-dual-boot-windows-os-x-4.html
that worked for me and now actually I'm going to completely redo mine because I am getting a kernel panic again. Smh. This is frustrating.

Ok I'm hoping someone can help. I reinstall the OS and followed the Mavericks guide to the letter. I hade to use the kernel flags ---> -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 dart=0 <<<---- to boot up to install and to enter safe mode after installation. That was the only way I could find to get it up and running. After that I tried to boot up and enter the OS regularly but I get the IOBluetooth error. I dont know the name exactly. I have attached a picture to better help.

IMG_1873.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back