Contribute
Register

Can only boot in safemode (Z77x UP5, Intel i7, nVIDIA 660)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This thread is similar to the one by aidenatt. The differences are in my equipment so i didn't want to take his/her thread:

Gigabyte GA Z77x UP5 TH

Intel i7 3770 chipset (HD graphics 4000)

nVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 (currently not plugged in)

If my computer boots normally, i get the boot0 error. If i boot with bios priority to UNIBEAST USB drive, i can only boot in safemode. Also, i don't need to use any of the boot go-arounds when going into safemode.

If i choose to boot in any of the four common boot go-arounds "-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes, -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No, -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes, -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No", I get these errors:

getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360,
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory​.

I have read that this may be fixed with a specific Multibeast Setting (which none currently have worked), Chimera setting, or Boot0h install. Any help with this is much appreciated.

(and a huge thank you to totenkopf for his help getting me this far from SnowLeopard)

first fix the boot0 issue http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/53295-boot0-error-official-guide-9.html cpu errors because u have edited you smbois to MacMini6,2 yet. only boot flags u should need at this point are -v -f in bios set igfx enabled and 64mb shared and use dvi or hdmi port also make sure vt-d is disabled in bios

Updated:

Stehor,

thanks so much for those tips. I can now boot into ML without any boot flags and she runs beautifully. I have started a post in Post Installation to find a fix for my sound / graphics card installation issues.

[Thread Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back