ASUS GEFORCE GTX 570 DIRECTCU II
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys

I have been racking my brains over this - I can install ML 10.8.3 with Unibeast no problem, but when it comes to using Multibeast and rebooting off my hard drive, I can only do it in safe mode (-x)

I have an Asus P8Z68 V Pro Gen 3 Motherboard, intel 2600k, a Crucial M4 128GB SSD and 16GB Corsair RAM.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Can't believe this is a lost cause!

I've got an ASUS hackintosh as well. I feel your pain. I did, however, get mine running 100%.

Check to see which BIOS you're running. If it's anything other than v1101, you can't use the DSDT that TonyMacx86 provides. You'll have to install manually (I did this, it's not too hard.).

Here is an image of the bare minimum required to run without a DSDT. I recommend you erase and reinstall using these settings.

Cheers for the help dude! Pretty stable boot now, with audio drivers working etc. Just need to get my Asus GTX570 Direct CU II installed and then I think I'm ready to go.

Thanks again, great advice!

Yay! I'm glad you got it working. Keep in mind that you don't need to install any patches for that graphics card with multibeast. It doesn't have 2GB or more of RAM onboard so it will work no problem.

Yeah - that's what I've been reading, but for some reason it won't get past the bootloader stage (loses power). I might see if I have an old kext floating around somewhere that might be causing the problem...

Again thanks for you help, as soon as I've got rid of this flickering I will be a very happy man :)

Hmm, see if you're trying to use a boot resolution that the graphics card can't handle on startup. My GTX 680 can't do full 1080p when it's booting.

Had a go with no 1080p at startup, but no joy. A little frustrating, but I'll keep searching for a solution :)

mdouglasbrett I got a fairly similar setup and issue; I can only boot using "-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and my gtx570 doesnt seem to load propperly...

any advice?

I couldn't get my head around it in the end, so I plunked for the GTX 670 which was pretty much plug and play. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back