Contribute
Register

Can Not Install the 10.14.6 Update (Regular or Combo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
CPU
i7 10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am unable to update to 10.14.6. The update initiates the install and reboots the computer. Whether I choose the default option, Preboot or Install Mac OS the same thing happens--the progress bar completes and the computer screen goes black. This is a Dell monitor and the warning "Enter Power Saving Mode" flashes for a few seconds indicating no video signal. Then nothing, no disc activity. I have left it for an hour but clearly the computer is frozen.

The Combo update fails as well--it initiates then says it cannot be installed on this computer. I tried verbose mode but when the screen goes black there is no verbose text. The Clover version is 6920 and the Lilu/WE green kexts were updated for 10.14.5, the latest versions on this site it appears.

I attached my configp which no doubt has errors but has been very stable for me in a dual boot system--I use OSX extensively for Photoshop and other image processing programs. I would appreciate any guidance as I would like to keep Mojave up to date and put off Catalina as long as possible due to 32 bit program incompatibilities.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 29
OCD pays off.
Restored from a clone, reupdated Clover, reupdated Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts.
Why that failed the first go round only the Clover Goddess knows but then the 10.5.6 update completed rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back