Contribute
Register

Can not boot! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, i just listed them in my profile.

the reason u r having more issues than most is the x79 mobo go into bios and disable intel vertualization and vt-t,and onboard wifi,rtl lan and IEEE1394,blutooth 4.0 and use these boot flags cpus=1 GE=NO dart=0 once u get to the installer install the kext i gave u with kextbeast this will fix your cpu issue

Attachments

• KextBeast.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 56
  • VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 46
i just tried it and no success... same issue. just goes to a black screen.

i am uploading a youtube video of me going through the steps right now, maybe i am just missing something really obvious and the video will show it. i also recorded me enter "-v" at boot so you can see what happens when that is entered as well.

ill post the link as soon as its uploaded. it says it will be done uploading in about 15 min

thank you for all your replays. we will get it soon enough!

use the boot flags i gave and add PCIRoot=0,1,2,3,4, i help a guy last week with a ga x79 and his root id was 2 other than that im out of ideas

should i enter all of those numbers separately or do them all in on boot flag?

can you think of any way to be able to boot from a usb again? maybe i just need to get a fresh start? or is there a way to get a clean slate on the motherboard? like a hard reset?

run all those flags at the same time. u can cheat and put the voodoo kext i gave in the extra folder in the flash drive copy and paste it in. if u do this u wont have to use the cpus=1 flag and yes a fresh install is a good idea

nothing again... just straight to black.

how to you get a fresh start on your motherboard?

i have reinstalled unibeast on my usb key 3 times but it still never gets picked up by the system... but it worked fine the first time i did it... so i was thinking if there is some way to clear everything from the motherboard so it is back to factory settings? (i have done the f10 or whatever it is in bios to reset settings and that hasnt worked, but i was hoping there was maybe a stronger reset? if that makes sense...)

f7 for system defaults

- - - Updated - - -

"optimized defaults"

1 u could clear the cmos 2 u could load your mobo defaults save and exit and redo bois settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back