First, here is my build.

Gigabyte Ga-x79s-up5-wifi x79
Intel i7 3930k
Corsair Vengeance 32gb LP 1600mhz
EVGA Nvidia Geforce Gtx 670 4gb
Samsung 840 Series 120gb ssd
Corsair Hydro H80i
Corsair HX 1050 watt

So this is my first build and everything was working fine....

I had osx installed and running, i installed a few adobe apps and final cut, i had the audio and everything working.

i bought another ssd (same kind, only it was 240gb instead of 120) that i was going to raid0 with the other
ssd. i tried plugging in my usb that i used to boot before, and i was going to go into disk utility after it booted, raid the hds, then install osx on to the raid, and then reboot.

it wasnt recognizing the usb as a boot, so i unplugged my 120gb ssd to see if it would pick it up then and it did not, and then when i plugged the ssd back in, it wasnt recognizing that either.

so i set the defaults back in my bios and tried again, nothing.

finally i found the boot option setting and i could choose the samsung 120 gb ssd (the usb was still plugged in, but did not show up as a recognizable boot option) so i chose the ssd and not the chimera screen will show up with my boot drive on it, but when i hit enter, the screen will flash and then reboot and load back into chimera again.

i have no idea how to fix this. i am a noob lol. i thought i was doing pretty good so far, and have found answers to all my problems so far, but i havent found any posts on this subject.

any help would be greatly appreciated and if anything that i said above doesnt make sense just leave a comment and i will try to explain it better.

thank you for reading!

x79 requires u to disable vt-d,and set sata to ahci save and exit give a shot

use boot flags npci=0x2000 cpus=1 dart=0

thank you so much i will try as soon as i get home from work and ill let you know how it goes!

didn't work... i typed in exactly what you had, and the screen just goes black, then the monitor turns off and then back on and it will be back to the chimera screen.

its like an endless loop! is there anything in bios i should change? is that what you meant in your first post? that one was a little confusing to me...

these are the steps i followed to boot up before.... if that helps at all....

BIOS Setup:

Go ahead and plug your USB thumb drive into a free USB slot. (Do not use the blue 4 port USB slots.)

Start the computer

When you see the POST splash screen, press the Delete key to access the BIOS.

Once in the BIOS, Press F7 to load system defaults.

Under "M.I.T.\Advanced Frequency Settings" - Change "Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.)" to "Profile 1" to get ram running at 1866mhz. It defaults to 1333mhz.

Under "M.I.T \Advanced Frequency Settings\Advanced CPU Core Features" - Disable "EIST" (this is related to Power Management, and also gives a low Geekbench score if left on auto).

Under "Bios Settings", change "Boot Option #1" to your USB thumb drive, alternatively you can leave your HD/SSD as Boot Option #1 and press f12 on start up to boot from the USB Thumb drive (This is what I do).

Press F10 to save the BIOS settings and the computer will restart. Don't forget to boot from the Thumb drive when the computer restarts.

In the next section we will prepare the hard drive/SSD for MAC OS X.

Hard Drive/SSD Preparation:

Step 1)

After the computer restarts boot from your Thumb drive. I press F12 to bring up the boot menu, then select my USB Thumb drive from the list and hit enter. (You do not have to do this if you set your Thumb drive as Boot Option #1.)

Step 2)

When you see the Chimera boot loader, select the thumb drive that you prepared with the Mac OS Mountian Lion installer, mine is titled "Mountain Lion Install" Yours will be titled whatever you picked during the creation of the USB Thumb drive in step 1 of the section titled "Installation preparation" above.

Press the space bar to bring up the Boot command line, this is where we will enter our boot flags.

Move to step 3.

Step 3)

In the Boot command line, enter these boot flags exactly as I have written them.

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1

hit enter...

Once the installer loads, select your language and press the arrow button. On the "Install OS X" window, don’t press anything else just yet. We are going to prepare your Hard Drive or SSD for MAC OS in step 4.

use this boot flag -v so i read read the verbos log let it set 4 min min before taking a picture. going to bed soon have a look at my trouble shooting guide maybe u can learn from it and fix your self http://pastebin.com/3qRSXvhm

after i enter "-v" these are the screens that come up. it only stays up for about 1-2 seconds so it was tough getting pictures. the second one goes by really really fast so i couldnt get a better picture than this.

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

after it goes black it ends up back on the chimera boot loader.

i will check into your guide thanks!

still not having any luck! please someone help!

please edit your profile/signature with all hardware specs it will make it easier to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back