RX 6800
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just upgraded from my Haswell system to a MSI Z390-A PRO motherboard with an i7-8700, 16gb of G.Skill Sniper X 3200 Ram.
I am using my same everything else including my WD Black 512GB nvme drive.
I can not boot into my system at all and am getting a "Cannot allocate runtime area" (photo of verbose attached)
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been looking for hours, trying different peoples "Sucess" EFI's and clover.plist.
nothing is working sofar.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_135613.jpg
    IMG_20190804_135613.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
IMHO since you've swopped out 3 major components, you will have to probably do a clean install by rebuilding your usb installer as the previous install will be based on different BIOS settings also your config.plist and EFI driver selections will also have to be edited for the new board. Hope this helps - Good luck.

If your new installer is based on the EFI in your previous post or anything like it, it's a bit of a mess containing kext duplications. You just need the basic essential kexts to reach the desktop i.e USBinjectAll.kext, FakeSMC.kext (use VirtualSMC.kext instead not both), Ethernet.kext (you have duplications here) Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen. insure all these kexts are the latest. Carefully look and choose your kext selection. Your config.plist needs a little work because your 'Board Serial Number' in 'SMBIOS' is different to the one in 'Rt Variables' (the one you have here is a Generic default and will prevent you from implementing iMessage/F-Time, the value should be the same as the one in SMBIOS. Your 'SmUUID' value in 'SMBIOS' is also different in 'System Parameters' these two values also should be the same. One last note insure to use the latest Clover for the install. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back