CPU
i7-930
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I know this is a noob question but I'm just putting this thread up to double check this. Can Lion be installed from 10.6.7 instead of 10.6.8? Because I don't really want to risk updating to 10.6.8 as this seems to be the most difficult update to get working not mention I got a lot of apps on my hackintosh and I rather not reinstall everything as it takes a while to do when I don't have much time to be doing that and I rather not waste time in general fixing up my hackintosh if things go wrong with that update. I'm also putting this thread up because I got a little bit mixed up when I saw that one part of the Blog says that 10.6.8 MUST be needed and other people are saying that it can be done from 10.6.6. The method I'm going to be using is the Retail USB installation with xMove as the guide says but I just want some confirming on this before I do this. Thanks :thumbup:

10.6.6 will work...it is the earliest SL version with App Store access.

I would suggest making two new partitions of 8 GB or so, one for the Installer (using XMove) and a second to install Lion in order to get it 100% working...take notes, then install over SL. You might want to keep the spare startup partition as a backup in case an update or ??? hoses your main installation, so you can keep on working and access it to repair.

Thanks for the quick response about that. :D When I get free time :beachball: I will try this out :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back