Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Fata1ity Z270 Gaming ITX
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
WX5100
Hello,
I am planning on shaking up my build. I would like to use an Intel i7-4790K in a Gigabyte H97 Mini-ITX with a Noctua NH-L9i Low Profile CPU put it in a M350 case with a 150W PicoPSU. It would have 16GB Memory Ram and 250GB SSD. According to the PSU calculator I used its a load wattage of about 127 Watts. I don't plan on using it for anything fancy. nothing that would put the CPU thru a lot of stress. Can it work? Can someone recommend a network card that would work in this build? I am looking at this:
New Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac WIFI 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 Combo mini Card

I would like WiFi and BT with Handoff.

Thanks.

Hello,
I am planning on shaking up my build. I would like to use an Intel i7-4790K in a Gigabyte H97 Mini-ITX with a Noctua NH-L9i Low Profile CPU put it in a M350 case with a 150W PicoPSU. It would have 16GB Memory Ram and 250GB SSD. According to the PSU calculator I used its a load wattage of about 127 Watts. I don't plan on using it for anything fancy. nothing that would put the CPU thru a lot of stress. Can it work? Can someone recommend a network card that would work in this build? I am looking at this:
New Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac WIFI 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 Combo mini Card

I would like WiFi and BT with Handoff.

Thanks.

Theres really no point going with a K CPU with a H97 chipset. You might be better going with a 4790 instead which H97 ITX motherboard you planning going with?

Theres really no point going with a K CPU with a H97 chipset. You might be better going with a 4790 instead which H97 ITX motherboard you planning going with?

Hello, true that its pointless if I go with the "k" chip but I already have this processor. I want to make the system smaller. I really can't find a "z97" mini itx board without paying a premium. I found an H97 for about $60 refurbished. It's the Gigabyte H97-WIFI.

Hello, true that its pointless if I go with the "k" chip but I already have this processor. I want to make the system smaller. I really can't find a "z97" mini itx board without paying a premium. I found an H97 for about $60 refurbished. It's the Gigabyte H97-WIFI.

If that is the case then go for it :) there's a guide for the H97N-WIFI in my signatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back