Register

Can I used 2 GPUs with Mojave???

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS Pro WiFi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi! Is it possible used 2 Radeon RX 580 8 GB, GPUs in a IOS Mojave with an 3.6 GHz intel Core 9????

Hi! Is it possible used 2 Radeon RX 580 8 GB, GPUs in a IOS Mojave with an 3.6 GHz intel Core 9????
I would think so, but why would you want to do this? Do you have any software that can take advantage of the combined processing power of the 2 cards?

Besides, does your motherboard have a second PCIe x16 slot for you to install a second RX 580? If there is, the second slot may be restricted in bandwidth (e.g. x4 only) which may severely impact its performance.

Also, does your power supply have at least 2 PCIe 6 pin / 8 pin cables to support 2 separate graphics cards?

Last edited:
Yes you can install 2 x RX580 GPUs in your system, assuming the motherboard, PSU etc. can support two dGPUs.

I had 2 x RX580 PowerColour Red Devil cards installed in one of my hack’s. But as @Jamesbond007 said, and while it sounds great, none of the commonly used Mac software could/would make use of the two dGPUs. MacOS doesn’t support AMD’s Crossfire or Nvidia’s SLI graphics options. So all you are likely to do is increase your electricity bill with little or no noticeable benefit.

Back