Contribute
Register

Can I use The Latest Multibeast to Upgrade from Chamaleon to Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
intel > Need full CPU model name > See Rules!
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello friends.

I am currently running Yosemite with Chameleon and I want to upgrade to El Capitan with clover.
I have read all the guides however they are months old and the methods described in the guides implicate using a manual install and config of clover over the current Chameleon. I have not been able to answer the following question through research:

If i just simply run the latest Multibeast (clover uefi mode) over my current install of Yosemite / Chameleon, will that upgrade my system to clover and hence enable me to just UPGRADE my Yosemite installation to El Capitan by running just the installer app?

My issue is that I need to do an upgrade and not a clean install.

I appreciate your comments.

Thank you.

Hello friends.

I am currently running Yosemite with Chameleon and I want to upgrade to El Capitan with clover.
I have read all the guides however they are months old and the methods described in the guides implicate using a manual install and config of clover over the current Chameleon. I have not been able to answer the following question through research:

If i just simply run the latest Multibeast (clover uefi mode) over my current install of Yosemite / Chameleon, will that upgrade my system to clover and hence enable me to just UPGRADE my Yosemite installation to El Capitan by running just the installer app?

My issue is that I need to do an upgrade and not a clean install.

I appreciate your comments.

Thank you.
First, do this - http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-backup-and-remove-chimera-and-any-related-files.174317/
Then backup and remove the /Extra folder from root.
Now run MultiBeast and install Clover, reboot and change UEFI/BIOS to use EFI booting.

Going Bald, thank you very much for your reply. I will attempt this solution tonight. Your answer is exactly what I needed to know.

A. Teran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back