Hewlett-Packard 1976-Clover
CPU
i7-4702MQ/HM86
Graphics
HD 4600 + HD 8670M, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I already have disabled the AMD in DSDT, but I still don't know what's dedicated GPU and what's descrete GPU.. I recently have disassembly a friend's laptop and noticed his GPU is on his CPU or something like that.. (sorry I don't know how to say it, there were two mirror looking pieces there, one's shape is a square and the other is rectangle lol).. However in mine, they are two different locations.. So I'm wondering if those are what's dedicated and descrete only if yes, can either one of they could use with AMD? Thanks!

I already have disabled the AMD in DSDT, but I still don't know what's dedicated GPU and what's descrete GPU.. I recently have disassembly a friend's laptop and noticed his GPU is on his CPU or something like that.. (sorry I don't know how to say it, there were two mirror looking pieces there, one's shape is a square and the other is rectangle lol).. However in mine, they are two different locations.. So I'm wondering if those are what's dedicated and descrete only if yes, can either one of they could use with AMD? Thanks!

Your AMD GPU is likely in a switched/routed configuration.
Therefore has no dedicated connectors.
Read the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Last edited:
Understood.. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back