Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
At the moment i have tested this with one screen via dvi and one via a dvi - VGA adapter and both monitors work separately, is there any way of getting this set-up to work as a duel screen.

Chris

dvi + dp to whatever you want

Yes, I do it now. I'm using the DVI and the HDMI. The second DVI does not work.

As others have said, don't try using both DVI.

I have three working, DVI + HDMI + DP.

I do have some 'funny business' when I reboot, I have to unhook and rehook the DP monitor up for it to sync properly. Since thats about once or twice a month, its not even worth my time to investigate why. (Mini DP - >DP adapter hooked into DP - > DVI Adapter could be the issue)

i have dvi + 2dp to dvi working without issues even on reboot or start.

j.schwartz said:
As others have said, don't try using both DVI.

I have three working, DVI + HDMI + DP.

I do have some 'funny business' when I reboot, I have to unhook and rehook the DP monitor up for it to sync properly. Since thats about once or twice a month, its not even worth my time to investigate why. (Mini DP - >DP adapter hooked into DP - > DVI Adapter could be the issue)

For some reason I have the same problem, well I think they are the same. When my monitors are hooked using mini dp to dp or even mini dp to dvi cable I am having a continuous boot loop. I only have dual screen right now so I ended up using dvi to dvi cable for the first one and hdmi to dvi for the second one. I thought I had a defective 6870.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all of the replys, I have just got back from christmas

I not have duel monitors via:
DVI = Main
DP+ second

am I right in reading that I can go up to three with the second DP?

(I know I am getting greedy)

anyway i hope you all had a great Christmas

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back