Sapphire 5570 ATI Radeon HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if Clover can boot using a Gigabyte GA P55A-UD3... another old school board. I have followed all the tutorials and have been trying to make it work but no luck. I made a USB disk and trying to get Yosemite to install but it stops halfway through what looks like it is booting but just stalls. I think my issue is the config.plist file that I am not getting right. I tried to use clover configurator and tried to generate config but it always fails generating one saying "clover-genconfig not found!!!!"

I currently have the system booting in Mavericks using chimera and trying to install via upgrading to Yosemite but open to having to do a clean install. I have attached my latest config file which I based the settings on how my rig boots with the boot flags I see in chimera but I think I'm still missing something.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 317
It has been a while since you posted this query and did not get a response. I am just now looking to do the same thing. I have tried following several guides from different forums and none of them have worked. I am trying to get Clover and Yosemite working on my P55A-UD3 setup. I have tried making several USB boot drives but all have failed. I can't even boot into Clover with a USB drive. I keep getting "boot1: /boot" followed by the number "5" and it just freezes. In weeks of searching, I haven't found anyone saying they have this board (or similar) up and running Clover/Yosemite.

Although I don't have any information to share at the moment, I will keep searching. If you have been successful since you posted this originally, I'd love to hear how you did it.

--- Rick

The board you have is a first generation Core i CPU socket 1156 if I remember correctly. I don't think you can update the BIOS to UEFI at all so you are probably going to have best luck with Chimera/Chameleon boot loader.

You can use Clover, but it will install to the Apple EFI folder instead of the EFI partition.

I have the same motherboard and I am running yosemite gpt using clover efi.

1. Make the usb installer using this tutorial

2. Follow the (Custom Install: BIOS-Only Systems) section

3. Copy your DSDT into the CLOVER/APCI/patched folder

4. Copy the FakeSMC.kext, etc

NOTE: I am using ATI R7 265X video card. If you using something else, you will need to edit the config.plist

Here is my config.plist View attachment config.plist

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if Clover can boot using a Gigabyte GA P55A-UD3... another old school board. I have followed all the tutorials and have been trying to make it work but no luck. I made a USB disk and trying to get Yosemite to install but it stops halfway through what looks like it is booting but just stalls. I think my issue is the config.plist file that I am not getting right. I tried to use clover configurator and tried to generate config but it always fails generating one saying "clover-genconfig not found!!!!"

I currently have the system booting in Mavericks using chimera and trying to install via upgrading to Yosemite but open to having to do a clean install. I have attached my latest config file which I based the settings on how my rig boots with the boot flags I see in chimera but I think I'm still missing something.

Hi orangepop,

did you get your USB Clover working?

I have the same mobo.

I have the same motherboard and I am running yosemite gpt using clover efi.

1. Make the usb installer using this tutorial

2. Follow the (Custom Install: BIOS-Only Systems) section

3. Copy your DSDT into the CLOVER/APCI/patched folder

4. Copy the FakeSMC.kext, etc

NOTE: I am using ATI R7 265X video card. If you using something else, you will need to edit the config.plist

Here is my config.plist View attachment 133829

Hi litan1106,
I have the same mobo, could you please guide me through my Clover USB installation, 'cause I followed step by step the instructions of the guide you mentioned but in vain, I got an eternal Boot1: /boot message followed by the number 5.
You can help me by answering some questions:
1- What are your bios settings?
2- Did you copy all the files mentioned by tony in his guide (nullCpupowermanagement, HFSPlus.efi, etc.)?
3- Did you format your USB using MBR & FAT32 or GPT & Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?
4- Which clover version did you use?
5- Which setting (legacy mode) did you use for clover?

Many thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Same board I'd also like to know. Yosemite Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back