Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am going to build an ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 Kaby Lake Laptop. I don't have access to the 10.12.6 OS X Install App, and it is no longer downloadable from the app store. I do have my 10.12 OS X Install App from my desktop build and have downloaded the 10.12.6 OS X Combo update. Will that work when I go to build this laptop? Alternately, I do see where I can buy a 10.12.6 OS X install if I need to do that. Do I need to do that?

I am going to build an ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 Kaby Lake Laptop. I don't have access to the 10.12.6 OS X Install App, and it is no longer downloadable from the app store. I do have my 10.12 OS X Install App from my desktop build and have downloaded the 10.12.6 OS X Combo update. Will that work when I go to build this laptop? Alternately, I do see where I can buy a 10.12.6 OS X install if I need to do that. Do I need to do that?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Right. Naturally, I started there. I do see in these starter posts that 10.12.5 and above is required for Kaby Lake processors. I don't see an answer to my question anywhere in there. Can one start with a 10.12.0 installer and run the combo updater to get to the 10.12.5+ or does one have to start directly with 10.12.5 when using a Kaby Lake. I know the question sounds newbie, but I don't believe anyone has spoken to it directly. So... asking again.

Right. Naturally, I started there. I do see in these starter posts that 10.12.5 and above is required for Kaby Lake processors. I don't see an answer to my question anywhere in there. Can one start with a 10.12.0 installer and run the combo updater to get to the 10.12.5+ or does one have to start directly with 10.12.5 when using a Kaby Lake. I know the question sounds newbie, but I don't believe anyone has spoken to it directly. So... asking again.

You can install earlier versions on Kaby by using Sklake spoofing.
There is a plist for it linked from my guide.

Note: KabyLake native in 10.12.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back