Contribute
Register

Can I update Clover on USB Unibeast drive? or create a new one with newer clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 (ver. f11)
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Clover 5102 (comes with Unibeast 10.0.0) and Clover 5107 (comes with Unibeast 10.1.0) both don't work with macOS 10.15.4 (5107 doesn't boot anything on my system, even the install from Unibeast Drive)

I got Clover 5108 by installing Mojave on another drive and update that drive with 5108 which allowed me to install 10.15.4 on Main Drive and then update to 5108. In the future I won't want to go through this. (I could make a Unibeast 10.0.0 with macOS 10.15.3 and then update to 10.15.4 through app store and update clover to 5108 but lots of steps to remember...)

Is it possible to update the clover on my Unibeast Created (or through other means) USB Drive?

5108 or even 5109 which I have. (when I run these it looks like they update the USB drive but makes it unbootable)
Multibeast 12 or 12.1 also seems to crash before completion and makes USB drive unbootable.
Cloverconfigurator as well doesn't seem to do be able to update clover on a USB Drive.

Try mount the EFI partition of the USB drive. Copy the EFI folder from the USB EFI partition to desktop.
Delete EFI folder in the USB EFI partition.
Launch the Clover installer, select the USB drive as install target. When Clover installer is complete, open the USB EFI partition and add the kexts from the old EFI>Kexts>Other folder to the USB drive EFI>Kexts>Other folder.
Compare the drivers/drivers64 folders and make sure everything in the old one is in the new one.
Replace the config.plist in the new one with the old one.
If you have anything in the ACPI>Patches folder move it over also.
If you have added any themes, copy them over also.
Reboot, use hotkey to select USB as boot device and boot.

Try mount the EFI partition of the USB drive

I just realized my USB Drive was not using GUID... I shall start over and make sure it does, my issues will hopefully be resolved!

Thanks "Going Bald" and everyone else!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back