Contribute
Register

Can I swap out a GTX750 Ti for a ASUS STRIX GTX 960?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X99A SLI PLUS
CPU
Graphics
Vega 64
Can I swap out a GTX750 Ti for a GTX960?

Hey everybody,

My hack is running great with the EVGA GTX750 Ti I put in a couple of months ago. I just realized now that I need a card that can decode H.265. The ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 960 Overclocked 4 GB and the Gigabyte GTX 960 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB are in stock for overnight delivery. Leaning towards the Gigabyte.

Do you think I could swap cards without problem? I'm on 10.11.

I'd like to buy the EVGA version, but it won't be delivered until Monday. Would I be better served jumping up to the GTX970? Same question.... Can I just swap it out?

Last edited:
Yes to all of the above

Thanks slim.jim.

Now I just need to decide to make the jump to the 970. I'm mainly getting the card to help decode my NX1 H.265 video in Premiere and After Effects.

I just scored a barely used GTX 970 for $250. Popped it in and it works like a charm. Thanks!

I just scored a barely used GTX 970 for $250. Popped it in and it works like a charm. Thanks!

Thats a good buy. What one did you get?

It's the EVGA 970 ACX SSC. No box. But I have the Newegg receipt It's less than a month old.

Thanks for talking me into it.

Next up, I have forgotten where the cuda_supported_cards.txt file was moved to for Premiere CC 9.1 / 2015. Last time when I put my GTX 750 TI in the .txt, I remember it wasn't in the Contents folder; it was somewhere else, or I had to create it. Since I just updated Premiere today, I can't find it. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back