Contribute
Register

Can I swap in an I5-3570K into my Mini-Itx Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8H77-I
CPU
I3-3225
Graphics
HD4000 Graphicsenabler=No
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys all my specs are to the left on my Music Studio Computer Build.

EDIT: Maybe not, 8 GB RAM, I3-3225, ASUS P8H77-I with On-Board GFX

Was going to buy a New CPU since it's the only thing bottle necking me when producing music, But I just got my hands on a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro that was having issues, Just replaced HD with SSD and replaced 4GB ram with 8 and it's running like a newer MacBook! So going to use this as my personal computer now.

Taking apart my old PC and Pulled my I5-3570K out of it. Was going to swap My i3 From my Hackintiosh into this computer to give to a relative, Will My I5-3570K work on my current board? If so will I have to do any editing in MultiBeast? I'm sort of rusty on this hackintosh thing, how would I go about Updating Easily?

Thinking of also upgrading from YOSEMITE 10.9 .... What would be the most stable for me for My music production (Machine, Logic Pro X and Web Surfing) Sound & Stability is really my only concern, Could give two shits about Sierra with Siri unless it's more stable

Hey guys all my specs are to the left on my Music Studio Computer Build.

Was going to buy a New CPU since it's the only thing bottle necking me when producing music, But I just got my hands on a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro that was having issues, Just replaced HD with SSD and replaced 4GB ram with 8 and it's running like a newer MacBook! So going to use this as my personal computer now.

Taking apart my old PC and Pulled my I5-3570K out of it. Was going to swap My i3 From my Hackintiosh into this computer to give to a relative, Will My I5-3570K work on my current board? If so will I have to do any editing in MultiBeast?

Thinking of also upgrading from YOSEMITE 10.9 .... What would be the most stable for me for My music production (Machine, Logic Pro X and Web Surfing) Sound & Stability is really my only concern, Could give two shits about Sierra with Siri unless it's more stable

To do a CPU swap you will only need to remove the old SSDT and re-generate a new SSDT for the new CPU. However just make sure that you look on the CPU Support list for your motherboard to verify that the new CPU is supported other than that it should be fine.

To do a CPU swap you will only need to remove the old SSDT and re-generate a new SSDT for the new CPU. However just make sure that you look on the CPU Support list for your motherboard to verify that the new CPU is supported other than that it should be fine.
Wow thx for crazy fast response!
Seems like the socket is 1155?! so I think it's supported. I'm sort of rusty on this Hackintosh thing, Whats an SSDT? is that in multicast? lol sorry

Wow thx for crazy fast response!
Seems like the socket is 1155?! so I think it's supported. I'm sort of rusty on this Hackintosh thing, Whats an SSDT? is that in multicast? lol sorry

SSDT is used for Powermanagement without it the CPU will be stuck in one power state which isn't good. Take a look in Extra folder which is in the OS X boot drive to check if you have one ideally you should. No you can use terminal to generate a SSDT bare in mind that if you have NullCPUPowermanagement in S/L/E then don't mix a SSDT with NullCPUPowermanagement. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

SSDT is used for Powermanagement without it the CPU will be stuck in one power state which isn't good. Take a look in Extra folder which is in the OS X boot drive to check if you have one ideally you should. No you can use terminal to generate a SSDT bare in mind that if you have NullCPUPowermanagement in S/L/E then don't mix a SSDT with NullCPUPowermanagement. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/
Thank you so Much, Will put new CPU in tomorrow, Will check back in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back