Contribute
Register

Can I simply replace my i3 i3-3225 with an i7 3700k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z77 udh5
CPU
i7 3700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

My question probably sounds stupid to most of you, but can I build a tower to use now with the i3 3225 along with the rest of tonymac's regular customac pro build (i.e.
GA-Z77X-UD5H MOBO)​
, and then after a few months when I've saved up for an i7 3700k simply replace the i3 with the i7 and keep rocking with little to no hassle?
Does it matter that i plan on dual booting with 2 ssds and two hdds dedicated for each OS?

I'm looking to eventually build an HTPC for my family *and* a customac Pro, but I don't have the money for both right now. If I can keep gradually building to the pro build that I want and set aside the left over parts for an htpc that would be excellent!!!

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Hi All,

My question probably sounds stupid to most of you, but can I build a tower to use now with the i3 3225 along with the rest of tonymac's regular customac pro build (i.e.
GA-Z77X-UD5H MOBO)​
, and then after a few months when I've saved up for an i7 3700k simply replace the i3 with the i7 and keep rocking with little to no hassle?
Does it matter that i plan on dual booting with 2 ssds and two hdds dedicated for each OS?

I'm looking to eventually build an HTPC for my family *and* a customac Pro, but I don't have the money for both right now. If I can keep gradually building to the pro build that I want and set aside the left over parts for an htpc that would be excellent!!!

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Yes, you can just replace the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back