Contribute
Register

Can i install Snow Leopard onto this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga X1 4th Gen
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
UHD 620
Hey guys,

I thought it about time i get a new system since my iMac has died (GPU Failure) and my netbook isnt all that powerfull.

So i've been searching, and i've hopefully found a laptop that can have Snow Leopard installed onto it, as well as being within my budget.

Its specs are detailed below based on what the seller has told me.

HP 6910p
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz
2GB RAM
2 PCMCIA Ports
Mobile Intel GMA X3100 graphics with up to 384 MB shared system memory

Im assuming at least the CPU and GPU are compatible? (Since i see some macbooks, in their time have had 2.4Ghz CPU's and GMA X3100 GPU's.)

Let me know guys! Dont want to waste my money buying a system i cant install Snow Leopard on. ;)

-Thanks in advance for any information provided.

I think things are fine, but the RAM is a little low though. idk give it a try!

unleashed700 said:
I think things are fine, but the RAM is a little low though. idk give it a try!

Im thinking the CPU and GPU should be fine.

I got an odd feeling im going to need a bios mod to remove the whitelist this model laptop appears to have, and im probably going to need to compile a DSDT too since i cant find one for this laptop anywhere. :p

Firsly, you should never use someone's DSDT... even exactly the same hardware may have different info in DSDT regarding BIOS version etc.

Secondly - you haven't mentioned north bridge which is one of the most important parts in future Hackintosh, also - no info about ethernet etc. - as for now all I can say is that it looks pretty promising in case of graphics card and CPU but there are some HP notebooks that are impossible to install Mac OS X without modifying BIOS - hopefully yours isn't one of them.

PS I would rather search for Asus from my signature, I've provided a VERY detailed tutorial regarding this one + it's very cheap and solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back