Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Guys,

Can I install Mac OS X snowleopard or Lion on this PC?

-Motherboard Foxconn 45CMX
-Bios (I don't know anything about it)
-Intel Core2Duo E7200 processor (2.53ghz)
-Hard disk is SATA 1TB
-Graphics card : NVIDIA Gigabyte GT 220 1GB
-Ram DDR2 2GB ( I think it is not enough what do think?)

(In Motherboard Manual it said the memory is up to 2GB may be they mean the total ram maximum is 2GB, because I tried to install 2GB+2GB and the PC can't boot the windows but I don't know exactly why it can't boot is it because the motherboard dosn't support more than 2GB or because the two Ram are different [one is ddr2 PC667 -and the other is ddr2 PC640]

So, can I install (Windows7)+(Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7) without any problem? ;)

and how to do that? :D

The motherboard can support up to 4 gigs, 2 gigs per slot. Odds are it didn't boot windows because the latency on each ram stick was different. In order to successfully boot any system you need to have to sticks of the same speed-ish, not necessarily size. 2 gb of ram will be enough to run both windows 7 and SL or Lion, mainly because you won't be using them both at the same time. To dual boot you will have to look at some guides on the forum, I don't dual boot so unfortunately I cannot help you with that. Use the search button and you'll find just about anything you're looking for. Things that you can not find or are having troubles with you are more than welcome to ask questions as people are here to help you, just not do the work for you. Lol. On that note, good luck with your hackintosh and keep us updated on your progress.

Just because I'm nice though..

Snow Leopard Install:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

Lion Install:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

thanks my friend for the helpful reply

but one more question about the BIOS do I need to do something with it before installing SL?

and do I need to change settings in the motherboard?

Yes and yes. Everything you need to know is in that install guide for snow leopard.

anyway thanks guys

I installed OS X Lion successfully using an other method from other website

that method was support the motherboards that doesn't have AHCI option like mine

:D

Awesome job! Have fun with your new hackintosh :)

I have the same board, I don't suppose you could send me a link to the method used could you? Greatly appreciated.

paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back