Contribute
Register

can I go from Chameleon to Chimera 1.41?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to do the lion hackintosh build and I've been using chameleon with my sig hacky... Can I install chimera just like it is from the standalone installer or do I need to use multibeast and switch to chimera first?

The way I did it was to use MultiBeast, just chose Chimera and installed it. It will automatically overwrite the Chameleon files.

I can not update like this way. I need to delete old bootloader and install new but I dont know how

Hmmm, not sure why it will not update for you.....are you using the latest MultiBeast?

I did find a page on manually updating the hidden EFI partition, but I suggest trying to get MultiBeast to do it as I haven't seen anyone on the forums use this method and you could hose your installation

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=127330

Hey,

Just running Multibeast will not work. You probably installed with the new chameleon which installs Chameleon to the EFI secret partition and then forces that partition to boot about all else. Thus, it will bypass the OSX partition. (I am pretty sure this is what is happening)

I still have not found a fix to revert it back to Chimera without reformatting the whole drive.

I would need someone who created Chimera to explain in great detail how it works and how it makes the partition desired partition bootable. I have been trying to learn for days with not answer. :confused:

Thanks

if you have a EFI booting partition and you want to switch back to putting /extra in the main harddrive and not the EFI go into terminal and type this

sudo -s

then your password.

then type

newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/disk0s1

assuming that your main drive is disk0s1

this will erase your EFI partition

then install chimera 1.4.1 to the main drive and reboot..

or use Chameleon Wizard and install to the main drive.

just installing using multibeast worked for me. 100% functioning 10.7 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back