Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am struggling and get well frustrated and more and more confused about the audio issues with my Sierra install. I have only got audio through the front headphone jack and even then it is only through the right headphone.

I have tried several different methods from within this forum but to no avail... I am getting very confused by all the differing theories as well as what feels like ever more cryptic terminology. I feel like there must be a way to reset or remove each method I have tried so as to try each as a separate (possible) solution.

I have tried the Toleda method with the clover ALC120command as well as attempting the method described in the wildwillow update especially since I have the exact same build... neither have done anything as far as I can tell (concerning audio output).

Is anyone able to maybe clarify one of these methods to me as well as tell me how to reset the audio for each attempt?

Thank you for the response toleda, I presume that this is what you are referring to in step A.

Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  1. MultiBeast 8.0+, remove:
    1. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and install the native AppleHDA.kext
      1. or S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.ml.zlib
    2. config.plist/.../KextsToPatch/AppleHDA (3x)
    3. L/E/realtekALC.kext

I however do not understand what this is telling me to do, I mean I know it is 'how' to uninstall but I do not know where I can find these files to uninstall them. I have launched Multibeast and looked through the options but there is nothing like above to be found. I searched within MB package contents and found nothing like these above. I have also searched my computer for these 'files'(?). My config.plist does not contain any of these either.... I guess there is a very small point that I am (as a non techie) missing here.

Thank you toleda you have sorted my issue.

All that searching and I missed a simple Finder search. I do still have a lopsided front audio jack however, I will be searching for more info about that, but you totally answered my question on how to 'reset' for consecutive attempts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back