Contribute
Register

Can I Copy or Install Clover from my USB Boot Flash to my Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom Win7Pro 64-bit, Intel board: DH77EB
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I am using Clover as the boot loader for my multi-boot hack (Windows 7 / Mountain Lion). I read that I should install Clover to a boot flash and work out any issues before installing Clover to the hard drive. I have one hard drive which, if I do not use the Clover boot loader, boots into the 4th partition (Windows 7, via EFI boot). The 1st partition is the EFI one created when I installed Windows. The 2nd partition is the Microsoft reserved partition. The 3rd partition is the HFS+ partition.
1) My questions are, once I get the boot flash working the way I want, how do I get those settings installed onto the hard drive?

2) Further, where should Clover go on the hard drive?
Thanks,
Bernie

Hi,
I am using Clover as the boot loader for my multi-boot hack (Windows 7 / Mountain Lion). I read that I should install Clover to a boot flash and work out any issues before installing Clover to the hard drive. I have one hard drive which, if I do not use the Clover boot loader, boots into the 4th partition (Windows 7, via EFI boot). The 1st partition is the EFI one created when I installed Windows. The 2nd partition is the Microsoft reserved partition. The 3rd partition is the HFS+ partition.
1) My questions are, once I get the boot flash working the way I want, how do I get those settings installed onto the hard drive?

2) Further, where should Clover go on the hard drive?
Thanks,
Bernie
U need to mount EFI partition of hard drive and copy all from USB flash drive.

or another method to use Installer(wich will mount efi partition if u use UEFI motherboard option in istaller) and replace config.plist from usb to hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back