Contribute
Register

Can I change processor and wi-fi in my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 6470b
CPU
i7-3720QM / QM 77
Graphics
HD 4000 + GTX1060
So I've been doing a little cleaning in my Laptop and discovered that my wi-fi card and processor are both replacable (unfortunately my discreet graphics GF 540m isn't :/ because i would take it out permanently)
So can i change them to better models? I would like to change to faster processor and OS X compatible Wi-Fi card

My Laptop - Samsung RC530 S04PL

Wi-Fi - intel centrino n-130 130BNHMW
51U8TzhgxrL._SY300_.jpg

Intel core i5 2450 (2.5 Ghz)

u44376-0.jpg

So I've been doing a little cleaning in my Laptop and discovered that my wi-fi card and processor are both replacable (unfortunately my discreet graphics GF 540m isn't :/ because i would take it out permanently)
So can i change them to better models? I would like to change to faster processor and OS X compatible Wi-Fi card

My Laptop - Samsung RC530 S04PL

Wi-Fi - intel centrino n-130 130BNHMW
View attachment 133186

Intel core i5 2450 (2.5 Ghz)

View attachment 133187

WiFi/Bluetooth: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Refer to your service manual on the CPU.

I bought Broadcom BCM94322HM8L but cant get it to work on Yosemite, it works on Windows 8 but on OS X it looks like it wont turn on system information cant see the card.

I bought Broadcom BCM94322HM8L but cant get it to work on Yosemite, it works on Windows 8 but on OS X it looks like it wont turn on system information cant see the card.

Read at link provided in post #2 carefully. BCM94322HM8L is not on the list of supported WiFi chipsets.

Ok, so I've managed to give this incompatible wi-fi back and get refund, and I've bouth apple card with adapter.

apple wifi.JPG
And it worked, had to cut few things in my laptop case to make it fit because its much bigger than original wifi and add 2 additional antenas but it was worth it, wifi + bluetooth works fine out of the box no drivers needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back